Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 31-01-2018 01:27 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

whathifi are going to look into it.

an odd fellow that steams a good ***** (@adamndsmith)

31/01/2018, 11:47

@Durkasmurk Thanks for the heads up. We're taking a look at this.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

I did contact both What Hifi and Trusted reviews a while back and heard nothing.

Paul

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

I did contact both What Hifi and Trusted reviews a while back and heard nothing.

Paul

If this picks up steam then maybe these sites will take it a bit more seriously.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@stevej190 wrote:
I am following this thread very closely, I own a 60KS7000 purchased Dec 16 and was aware that HLG was promised to these sets and that was a major factor in my purchase, I spent around 3 weeks researching and have been lucky in that my panel is spot on. The lacking HLG through Iplayer though is a deal breaker for me.

I am getting pretty much ignored by Currys after starting communicating with them 4 weeks ago. Every time they do reply there is a new reference number given and it's always a different person. So I think its time to escalate this up to the CEO, has anyone else had a exchange or refund yet from Currys after getting in touch with him?

Can anyone confirm his email address please?

Unfortunately due to privacy rules on the forum email addresses cannot be publicly displayed, some CEO details were posted but have since been deleted.  However CEO addresses can be found on this site CEO email .    See @AntS  post on page 145 of this thread for clarification. httphttps://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Blue-Planet-2-HLG-No-Samsung/m-p/392944#M8217...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Going for a wider audience.

Samsung has rescinded on their promises of HDR10+, broken HLG Support and won’t even add 4K SDR iPlayer, officially they have stopped all support of their 2016 FLAGSHIP TVs. eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Vi @verge @CNET @SamsungUK @Flatpanels

https://twitter.com/Durkasmurk/status/958692974946410497

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Samsung has rescinded on their promises of HDR10+, broken HLG Support and won’t even add 4K SDR iPlayer, officially they have stopped all support of their 2016 FLAGSHIP TVs bit.ly/2FvKCo9 @HCCmag @WhichUK @techradar @goodhousemag

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

that you know HLG support has been implemented on HDMI? In US forums they say it works. In many say they have tested it.

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Saverio571 wrote:

that you know HLG support has been implemented on HDMI? In US forums they say it works. In many say they have tested it.

Just tested it on Iplayer and no does not work HLG or 4K. Might be mixed up with the VP9 which is Youtube and not HECV which is Iplayer.

Paul

0 Likes
Saverio571
MegaStar
Options

You must try with a palyer HEVC. I think that version HDMI 2.0.b is only for HEVC. Sky trasmit in UK with HDR HLG?

Saverio Casadidio
0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Saverio571 wrote:

You must try with a palyer HEVC. I think that version HDMI 2.0.b is only for HEVC. Sky trasmit in UK with HDR HLG?

Sky do not transmit HDR or HLG. Get hlg on 2016 LG and Panasonic so not sure about HDMI 2.0b. Only Youtube which is VP9 and BBC Ipalyer which is HEVC but not for 2015 2016 Samsung TV's.

0 Likes