Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 29-01-2018 06:35 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AntS why can you only send one message because I have only sent one and got this

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

Paul

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

@AntS.  What's the current  count on your list of Dissatisfied kS owners please?

0 Likes
Ronson808
Pioneer
Options

A small point, but it's not just current owners who are put off. This farce has made two people I know avoid Samsung for their next TV purchase....

We have choices!

0 Likes
Logicearl
Journeyman
Options

@AntS wrote:

@Logicearl: I've added you to it. I'm guessing it's HLG/HDR10+ for you too? If not, or if there's anything else, please let me know.

Yes, I/we just want, what was promised from the outset - HLG/HDR10+/ etc etc.

The thing is we were just about to buy more Samsung tv's, for more holiday lets, as we honestly thought these were great tv's, well they are, but would be even better, if all these promises that Samsung had outlined online had come to fruition.

Also, the thought that companies such as John Lewis and Currys are not playing ball, also has us wondering, where we should spend our money. Again I'm surprised at JL, as we have bought many items from them for years, and always had great after sales service, usually with no questions asked. But if this doesn't get cleared up pretty sharpish, then again our business WILL go elswhere.

shimceltic
Pioneer
Options

I have a ks7000 and ks7500 and bought these for the hdr, I returned a faulty LG with dolby vision as it had bad dirty screen effect, and decided to pay extra for the ks7000. Wish I had just got a replacement lg

MilkyBarKid30
Student
Options

Please add me to the list. I too purchased my KS7000 for the favourable reviews it received and the promises that were made regarding HLG and HDR10+.

I'd have bought an LG OLED had I known my TV wouldn't be supported past a year. The extra outlay would have been minor compared to replacing a decent TV every year because promises haven't been met.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@MilkyBarKid30 wrote:

Please add me to the list. I too purchased my KS7000 for the favourable reviews it received and the promises that were made regarding HLG and HDR10+.

I'd have bought an LG OLED had I known my TV wouldn't be supported past a year. The extra outlay would have been minor compared to replacing a decent TV every year because promises haven't been met.

It's nice to see new face's joining the forum to try to get Samsung to do the right thing.  If you can state you TV model and why you are not happy and you will be added to the list by the mods. Look in here or ks refunds to look if you may be able to go down the road of claiming a refund for misrepresentation.  We will all try to help. 

Paul

0 Likes
MilkyBarKid30
Student
Options
It's a 49KS7000. I'm happy with the overall picture etc but it's more the broken promises.

It says something when you can't watch 4k HDR iPlayer on a £1000 Samsung (which had been promised) but my friend can watch it on his £300 LG LCD that he bought less than a year after. I might as well have saved £700 and slummed it for a while!
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@MilkyBarKid30 wrote:
It's a 49KS7000. I'm happy with the overall picture etc but it's more the broken promises.

It says something when you can't watch 4k HDR iPlayer on a £1000 Samsung (which had been promised) but my friend can watch it on his £300 LG LCD that he bought less than a year after. I might as well have saved £700 and slummed it for a while!

Don't forget the smart connect which if it was part of your reasons to buy you could claim a refund. 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

The more of us who start the refund process the more pressure the retailers will put onto Samsung. So use the which tool which is on this and ks refund and send you retailers an email for misrepresentation.  We will try to help all the way,  and will show how bad some retailers really are. 

Paul

0 Likes