Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 29-01-2018 05:14 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@Logicearl wrote:

Hi there.

I have been looking at this thread for a while now, thinking that just maybe, Samsung would do the right thing, and just accept their responsibility with regards these tv's, of which I have one, a KS497000 purchased from John Lewis in 2016, and get thses issues sorted.

The only issue I have is that said tv is in a holday let of ours, so may be problematic it getting it sorted considering where it is etc.

So I guess, I'm yet another dissatisfied customer that needs to be added to this ever growing list.

Welcome to the exclusive 2016 club, membership includes broken promises, mis-selling and a life time no response from Samsung.

Sign up to our news letter to be ignored or to be given the run around with generic time wasting responses.

Filliousfog
Journeyman
Options

@AntZ Please add me to the list. I've got a UE55KS7500 which I purchased on the 2nd Jan 2017 from AV Lounge. The reason I selected this TV was because of the future options (HLG / 4k HDR iPlayer & HDR10+) and I spent a lot of time researching. 

I feel I'm not going to be able to get a refund or replacement from AV Lounge though. Mainly, because I can't find any information online around what was promised specifically from their site. 

I have been following this post for a while, I must get a 100 emails a day from this! I wish I could follow this up and read all of them, however I'm just way to busy with work. It's sad that I chose to spend my hard earned cash on a tv and couldn't watch Blue Planet 2 in 4k. 

If anybody else purchased online, even better if from AV Lounge, please advise. 

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@Filliousfog wrote:

@Antz Please add me to the list. I've got a UE55KS7500 which I purchased on the 2nd Jan 2017 from AV Lounge. The reason I selected this TV was because of the future options (HLG / 4k HDR iPlayer & HDR10+) and I spent a lot of time researching. 

I feel I'm not going to be able to get a refund or replacement from AV Lounge though. Mainly, because I can't find any information online around what was promised specifically from their site. 

I have been following this post for a while, I must get a 100 emails a day from this! I wish I could follow this up and read all of them, however I'm just way to busy with work. It's sad that I chose to spend my hard earned cash on a tv and couldn't watch Blue Planet 2 in 4k. 

Samsung are treating their tv's now as a commodity you can even do finance over 24 months to upgrade to the latest model each and every time so this shows which direction they are moving in.

AntS
Options

@Filliousfog: You're already on that list. :robothappy:

@Logicearl: I've added you to it. I'm guessing it's HLG/HDR10+ for you too? If not, or if there's anything else, please let me know.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@Filliousfog wrote:

@Antz Please add me to the list. I've got a UE55KS7500 which I purchased on the 2nd Jan 2017 from AV Lounge. The reason I selected this TV was because of the future options (HLG / 4k HDR iPlayer & HDR10+) and I spent a lot of time researching. 

Samsung are treating their tv's now as a commodity you can even do finance over 24 months to upgrade to the latest model each and every time so this shows which direction they are moving in.

Funny how they are doing finance over 24 months when they can't even support their sets for 12 months!

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AntS wrote:

@Filliousfog: You're already on that list. :robothappy:

@Logicearl: I've added you to it. I'm guessing it's HLG/HDR10+ for you too? If not, or if there's anything else, please let me know.

Am I on the list by any chance. 

AntS
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

Bit hard to miss you, Paul. :robotwink:

Anyone who's posted what their TV is and the specific issue(s) they're concerned about in this or the KS Owner's thread is on the list. I'm not wanting to misrepresent anyone, so I've only left out those few who haven't posted those details (or made them clear).

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AntS wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

Bit hard to miss you, Paul. :robotwink:

Anyone who's posted what their TV is and the specific issue(s) they're concerned about in this or the KS Owner's thread is on the list. I'm not wanting to misrepresent anyone, so I've only left out those few who haven't posted those details (or made them clear).

Thought I was the quite one!

Paul

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

They can try, but I and millions of other consumers definintely won't be joining them down that particular road. If they go in a direction away from their customers, then - they won't have any customers. It really is that simple.

snosig
Explorer
Options

Just making sure I made your list. I am mainly dissapointed in the lack of HDR10+ as well as the SmartThings dongle, which both were a big part of why I chose the UE65KS8000. Although the HLG was not on the top of my list I certainly considered it as a factor when selection a "future proof" TV.

Thank you so much for your efforts!