Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 26-01-2018 12:21 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@73henny wrote:

I can't see any email address. It just opens a window on their website where you can send them an email, but I'd like to send it from my email appliaction. 

Probably best to use their email first but keep copies.

Paul

ukpetey
Pioneer
Options

@73henny wrote:

I can't see any email address. It just opens a window on their website where you can send them an email, but I'd like to send it from my email appliaction. 

enquiries@johnlewis.co.uk

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

"

broadcast dosent have to be 4K as HLG/HDR can be apllied to FHD as well

Yes, and some broadcasters are looking at doing this.

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

"

broadcast dosent have to be 4K as HLG/HDR can be apllied to FHD as well

Yes, and some broadcasters are looking at doing this.

always remember, beyond optimal distance for screen size line between 4K and FHD and SD blur but HDR is always noticeable regardless of the distance 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2017/11/01/when-a-4k-tv-looks-just-like-a-1080p-tv/#678c29...

CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

This is hilarious! My latest reply from Currys - 

"

Thank you for contacting Team KNOWHOW.

We are really sorry that we haven't contacted you within our timescales we really do hope that your query has been answered. It may be that you have visited one of our stores or called us to discuss your query.

However, if you feel the matter remains unresolved, please contact us on 0344 800 9090 or alternatively please respond including a contact number for us to call you at a convenient time and one of our colleagues will be happy to assist. 

Thank you for your patience and once again please accept our apologies.

Kind regards,

Team Knowhow

::DISCLAIMER::"

So does this mean they are no longer going to co-operate via email and will only speak to me if I call them? What a joke!

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

This is hilarious! My latest reply from Currys - 

"

Thank you for contacting Team KNOWHOW.

We are really sorry that we haven't contacted you within our timescales we really do hope that your query has been answered. It may be that you have visited one of our stores or called us to discuss your query.

However, if you feel the matter remains unresolved, please contact us on 0344 800 9090 or alternatively please respond including a contact number for us to call you at a convenient time and one of our colleagues will be happy to assist. 

Thank you for your patience and once again please accept our apologies.

Kind regards,

Team Knowhow

::DISCLAIMER::"

So does this mean they are no longer going to co-operate via email and will only speak to me if I call them? What a joke!

They have done this before and as you know the can deny anything said over the phone and may not be able to use in court. Interesting though that they had said their last email was their final say and now they want to talk. It is up to you but may feelings is keep everything in writing. Point out that you have had a reply from CAB who inform you may have a case for misrepresentation under the Oct 2015 European Consumer regs, and quoting the Curry's tech page. See what comes back.

Paul

0 Likes
CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

I've gone the escalation route through Resolver to see what happens. It says if I don't resolve it in 20 days then I can escalate it to the CEO, Sebastian James.

I don't mind dragging it out a bit - I've got 6 years after all haven't I? haha. Longer it takes the cheaper OLEDs will become :smiling-face:

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

I've gone the escalation route through Resolver to see what happens. It says if I don't resolve it in 20 days then I can escalate it to the CEO, Sebastian James.

I don't mind dragging it out a bit - I've got 6 years after all haven't I? haha. Longer it takes the cheaper OLEDs will become :smiling-face:

Don't worry Curry's will be all too happy to drag it out as well

Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options

Winter Olympics are being shot and broadcast in 4K in many countries...

https://www.whathifi.com/news/2018-winter-olympics-to-be-made-available-in-4k-hdr

"The option to broadcast in 4K HDR has been picked up by NBC in the United States. The Games, which start on February 9th and end on the 25th, and will be broadcast in the UK by the BBC. Whether or not iPlayer will carry 4K images is yet to be confirmed."

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

I think my vouchers have arrived at my home so by the time I get back my wife would of spent them lol

0 Likes