Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 24-01-2018 03:09 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Must say I always thought John Lewis was one of the better retailers and whilst glad some have got the result they were looking for others not so fortunate, seems to be a lack of consistency.  Hopefully bringing up section 75 will concentrate minds.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

It might make a difference between taking it back to the store or trying to deal over emails. I'm guessing the last thing a store wants to do is create a scene in front of other customer. It's easier to fob someone off on emails. Unfortunately I bought mine online so I couldn't really do this otherwise I would take it back to the store too (if it would fit in the car!)

Haven't heard anything from Currys for 2 days again and after the last email I'm not holding my breath. It will probably be passed to yet another customer service team member who will repeat one of the other's scripted answer. 

Does anyone know what happens when you click on the 'escalate' button through Resolver? I was thinking of doing that if I don't hear back from them or unsatisfied with the next reply. It's been on going for a month now and haven't got anywhere.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

It might make a difference between taking it back to the store or trying to deal over emails. I'm guessing the last thing a store wants to do is create a scene in front of other customer. It's easier to fob someone off on emails. Unfortunately I bought mine online so I couldn't really do this otherwise I would take it back to the store too (if it would fit in the car!)

Haven't heard anything from Currys for 2 days again and after the last email I'm not holding my breath. It will probably be passed to yet another customer service team member who will repeat one of the other's scripted answer. 

Does anyone know what happens when you click on the 'escalate' button through Resolver? I was thinking of doing that if I don't hear back from them or unsatisfied with the next reply. It's been on going for a month now and haven't got anywhere.

Email the dixons ceo mate when I did this I got an email from their customer services team the next day.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

Have you contacted Citizens Advice?

Did you pay with a credit care, if so you could go for Section 75 of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act with means the Credit Card issuer is just as liable. Just ring them and say you want a section 75 refund for misrepresentation. Also inform Curry's that you will be doing that. You may have to go to court but as you have seen they are settling before that. They are trying it on and will not make it easy for each person. You could also inform of Richer sounds replacing one.  Tell them you have taken advice from Citizens advice and you will also be informing the Advertising Standards Authority.

It made me laugh when they tried to say the link

http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

was nothing to do with them, only for them to retract that. It tells you that one part does not know what the other parts doing and there are worried.  I find it highly unlikely it will goto court because we have proved misrepresentation as per the Oct 2015 European Consumer Regs. They are just trying to ware you down but do not give up. Reply to their lies and misinformation with fact and evidence and ware them out.

Paul

0 Likes
Neil81
Explorer
Options

Has anyone had any luck with RGB Direct? I'm considering going ahead and throwing an email there way.

I'm not sure what tv I would swap 65" KS8000 for on terms of value.

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@Sam-Knp wrote:
Don’t think JL will be an issue, if the user insist on “Smartthings”..
The most conniving retailer is “curry’s” in my opinion!

actaully Currys have been very good, both with me and Dale, maybe there was an issue in Northampton not sure how that went ahead, but Chris seem to have nightmare with JL

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@Sam-Knp wrote:
Don’t think JL will be an issue, if the user insist on “Smartthings”..
The most conniving retailer is “curry’s” in my opinion!

actaully Currys have been very good, both with me and Dale, maybe there was an issue in Northampton not sure how that went ahead, but Chris seem to have nightmare with JL

Yup I got more out of Curry's than I thought I would and as I am still happy with my tv despite lack of updates the offer from Curry's seemed fair to me.

0 Likes
CJH26
Navigator
Options

I have just sent my first email to JL, I will let everyone know how it goes.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@CJH26 wrote:

I have just sent my first email to JL, I will let everyone know how it goes.

Don't worry if they say no at first, it seems that they are saying no to some, but you will get there as they know they are in the wrong.

Paul

0 Likes
CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

I haven't been in touch with Citizens Advice as of yet and I did pay by card - however I have since paid the card off and closed it too when I was paying off all my debts so I had less outgoings. Kind of wish I had left it open now.

This is why I'm hoping I can either get a replacement of voucher from Currys rather than a refund.

However I'm starting to wonder if I want to try for a replacement now as I can't find anything that's equal to this TV for the same price I paid of £1299. I wanted the LG C7 but I'm even having second thoughts about that now after reading several threas on issues with it's banding and halos.

Think I might be happier with a voucher to get a 4K Bluray player and an Apple TV or something 😕

0 Likes