Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 22-01-2018 06:56 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
sneakyvtr
Pioneer
Options
I am more than happy to provide the email chain once my exchange/replacement is confirmed and I have the new set in my house for you to show Curry's.
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

If Curry's are indeed offering a £549 voucher and I get to keep my Samsung I am happy to settle for that, put this in writing to them and awaiting their response.

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@sneakyvtr wrote:

So heard back from Richer Sounds today, sent the email last night. The first email response is as follows: they have not offered the refund as requested but have offered me the 'current equivalent model' the Samsung QE55Q8C. This tv is currently priced at £1699.  

https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-qe55q8c.html

Any thoughts on this? Does it support HLG iPlayer and all the things that the KS9000 should have had. Any input on this offer would be great. If I had a refund I was going to buy an LG OLED.

What did you have before?

The Q8C is bendy, so don't accept it if you had a flat TV before. 

But this is why Richer Sounds are good - they are not wasting your time with some £500 insulting TV. That TV is from the QLED range in 2017, so has the proper quantum dots and is a nice upgrade from your 2016 model.

And notice please everyone - this was Richer's FIRST response. Compare that with the illegal, law-denying activities of all the Curry's responses.

Software wise, all 5 in the QLED range were on the BBC's list.

Q7C
Q7F
Q8C
Q8F
Q9F

range is at https://www.flatpanelshd.com/article.php?subaction=showfull&id=1493363368 

Obviously you'll still have the samy problem with Samsung dropping support etc but personally I'd rip their arm off and accept.

EDIT: Just seen that you have had it with Samsung, that's fair enough. Go for a 2017 LG OLED if you can afford it.

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Definitely no and the voucher would mean I would have to hand back my 55KS7000 for a far inferior tv. I think Curry's are calling my bluff and reckon I won't go to the small claims court.

This.  This is how they operate, they have screwed UK consumers for years and years. They are scum and I wish they would go bust.

Please people DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CURRY'S. Not even batteries.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Definitely no and the voucher would mean I would have to hand back my 55KS7000 for a far inferior tv. I think Curry's are calling my bluff and reckon I won't go to the small claims court.

This.  This is how they operate, they have screwed UK consumers for years and years. They are scum and I wish they would go bust.

Please people DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CURRY'S. Not even batteries.

I know it's you choice but before you accept the voucher, think on that Richer Sounds and JL have offered replacement as good if not better. They would not have done if they thought they were right. It's only Curry's so far misleading their customers, which I think they may find more and more difficult to maintain.  Someone here has already said they got a refund when they took their set back to Curry's so they will refund.

Paul

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
Thank you for your further response.

My revised offer is that we provide you with the voucher for £549.00 to be used in any Currys PC World Store and that you retain the Samsung TV you purchased on the 25th of July 2016. I do reiterate that this is offered without prejudice and as a full and final settlement and does not imply that we accept responsibility. 

Please confirm that you wish to accept this offer and please provide your current address. I can then arrange for the voucher for £549.00 to be posted.

Yours sincerely,
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

My revised offer is that we provide you with the voucher for £549.00 to be used in any Currys PC World Store and that you retain the Samsung TV you purchased on the 25th of July 2016. I do reiterate that this is offered without prejudice and as a full and final settlement and does not imply that we accept responsibility. 

Please confirm that you wish to accept this offer and please provide your current address. I can then arrange for the voucher for £549.00 to be posted.

Yours sincerely,

If you do want to except I would ask for a refund rather than voucher. Then buy from J l.

Paul

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Yours sincerely,

"Thankyou for your Revised offer. The Revised Law says that you have to offer me a full refund (CASH, NOT A PIECE OF PAPER I CAN ONLY SPEND IN YOUR SHOPS) - oh, sorry, in writing that I've realised that's not the Revised law, that is The Current Law.

Obey the Law, or I'll see you in court."

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

If you do want to except I would ask for a refund rather than voucher. Then buy from J l.

Paul

Oh yes. The very idea of having to make yet another purchase from them, with all their denials if anything went wrong with it.

You'd have to be insane.

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

If Curry's are indeed offering a £549 voucher and I get to keep my Samsung I am happy to settle for that, put this in writing to them and awaiting their response.

That would be grasping defeat from the jaws of victory. Please don't accept anything other than cash.