Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 18-01-2018 09:25 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Need some help guys... how does this look before I send it?

Dear *****,

To clarify my position a bit more clearly this is not a case of faulty goods this is a clear case of misrepresentation which by the Consumer Rights Act of 2015 entitles me to either a full refund of £1399 or an equivalent specification of a current model tv which matches the 55KS7000 as I have stated previously the Panasonic TX-55EX580B is clearly not an equivalent specification.

The warranty and the age of the product have no standing with offering a much worse television and as I have stated it MUST be an equivalent television or a full refund.

Because of the above I will now be exercising my legal right to ask for a full refund or an equivalent of £1399 in-store voucher and if what you stated is your final say in the matter I will be contacting the citizens advice bureau as well as trading standards to inform them both that Curry’s are breaking the law by not following the Consumer Rights Act 2015 for misrepresentation and a legal notice for a full refund will then be served.

Kind Regards,

Dale

It might be worth mentioning that they have admitted to misrepresentation by offering a replacement, and also saying they got the information from the manufacturer which they displayed on their web page, and they can not blame the manufacturer for what they advertise, even if that is incorrect. They have take that up with the manufacturer and ask if the manufacturer will contribute to wards the cost of the refunds. That's not your problem.

Paul

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Sent the email and I have a feeling tomorrow maybe an interesting day.

0 Likes
mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Sent the email and I have a feeling tomorrow maybe an interesting day.

Argh, I'm too late. I was going to suggest you don't accept an "in-store voucher". They have to offer you a full refund if you want it, that means cold hard cash in your hand so that you can then buy a TV from a good retailer who won't give you the run-around and ignore the law next time. Ie, anyone but Curry's.

After all you've just gone though, to do another purchase from the same people seems crazy to me.

amokuk
Voyager
Options

I would suggest that what Samsung have told currys is not your concern. They chose to publish those press releases and they should take up the matter with samsung if they feel they have been lied to. Perhaps they should do a bit of research before stocking these products in future!

0 Likes
amokuk
Voyager
Options

At some point, presumably before it goes to court, currys are going to relent. By relenting before a court decision has been reached they can hide behind the fact they have not been found guilty of anything for every single other customer. Meaning the next person will get the same stonewalling. Some brave soul needs to just go the whole way, take them to court and get a decision. All of this nonsense then becomes easier for everyone else. 

What are the costs to take them to court now? Would we be willing to band together as a group to make this happen? Ill chuck a tenner in.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Quick bit of googling and this could be quite expensive if you lose 

https://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/individuals/srvdisputes/small_claims_guide/if_i_lose/

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Spoke to a mate last night about all this and he reckons by offering me a tv they have accepted responsibility for misrepresentation and found it funny that Currys have offered me such a low end tv.

@hdmi I did think that about the in-store voucher but I reckon if I give them more choices they maybe more willing to accept my terms.

Also if the tv is faulty I can return it within 14 or so days to get a full refund unless I am mistaken?

0 Likes
matlough
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

Just joined the this forum and have been reading the last 100 odd posts with great interest.  I own a 60KS7000 and have now started the route to a refund or replacement with JL. I've started with a simple support request email via their website. Initial response has been along the lines of ' ....Having reviewed your case, our Customer Support Team are best placed to resolve this for you... they will be in contact within 72 hrs etc etc..' 

I'm pretty sure they are getting a few requests of this type so hopefully won't be too long before a reply. 

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

You could start a class action but I think that needs at least 40 people to get together. As a previous poster said though  likely they will end up going down the "goodwill" route which means each and every complainant has to jump through the hoops 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@amokuk wrote:

At some point, presumably before it goes to court, currys are going to relent. By relenting before a court decision has been reached they can hide behind the fact they have not been found guilty of anything for every single other customer. Meaning the next person will get the same stonewalling. Some brave soul needs to just go the whole way, take them to court and get a decision. All of this nonsense then becomes easier for everyone else. 

What are the costs to take them to court now? Would we be willing to band together as a group to make this happen? Ill chuck a tenner in.

So would I

0 Likes