Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 15-01-2018 04:27 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@amokuk wrote:

Trial ends tomorrow. Im officially done with you samsung. I will never buy another of your products and i will actively discourage anyone that asks me about tech that you are involved in. Given that im an infrastructure engineer thats a considerable amount of people. Thanks for nothing!

Ditto here, I have swapped my KS9000 with C7 OLED, getting delivered tomorrow, will share some pictures afterwards

I have successfully influenced decision on 5 sets, One went to LGE, one to Pana and rest to Sony and hisense

I work in IT and lot of people contact me for tech advice – no one else is getting Samsung product recommended by me

Lucky you, kick myself that I did not get the same. I believed and trusted the honourable Koreans. 

I also now know our posts are being actively censored, as a couple of mine have not got through. 

Paul

you can still claim for misseling uner section 11 of consumer rights act 2015, dont deal with Samsung UK, on facebook  they have nice people but the support team/call center is probably in Korea and they are complete Axxxholes, they do not understand UK law, and they are aribitrarily quoting policy, just limit ypourself to trading standards and UK retailers

Successfully asked 6 people to not buy Samsung TVs! will make sure none of my friends ever buy a Samsung! :smileyvery-happy:

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Given Curry's a polite nudge to ask them what's going on.

keep in touch with them cite clear laws and tell them that trading standards are already on the case, some of them are very good and they will work with you to resolve the matter

I was told Curry's legal department are looking into it as of last week which came via email from the currys store manager in northampton so willing to give them a bit of time on this but a little nudge won't do any harm.

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

keep in touch with them cite clear laws and tell them that trading standards are already on the case, some of them are very good and they will work with you to resolve the matter

I was told Curry's legal department are looking into it as of last week which came via email from the currys store manager in northampton so willing to give them a bit of time on this but a little nudge won't do any harm.

did you talk to trading statndards as that will be andy in case Samsng try to put pressure on retailers hoping that no one will take legal recourse, one succesful claim of miss-selling will sink Samsung

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

Appreciation    what your saying about face book and co, but I think it's good evidence that you have tried all avenues. Also probably the  more people who see this issue the more who may also take action. 

Some should get a full refund, but I think everyone just wants what Samsung promised, that's all. For such a large company to renege like they have done is very odd. That's why even if they brought out the best TV ever I would think twice (if at all). What I have learnt is the difference between these expensive premium TV's and cheaper one's is not a lot for normal day to day viewing. You may see the difference when watching UHD bluray disks on a 65 inch tele when the sets are next to each other. I saw a 55 LG SUHD LCD at Curry's last week with all versions HDR, picture looked  good, perfect for Netflix and the price,  £895.00. So I am asking why a was deceived into paying over £2990, for a TV that will not be updated. I will not do it again.

Paul.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

did you talk to trading statndards as that will be andy in case Samsng try to put pressure on retailers hoping that no one will take legal recourse, one succesful claim of miss-selling will sink Samsung

Yup Trading Standards are aware of this.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

How long will everyone actually keep their televisions for assuming we are forced to keep them?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

That's interesting considering last week they said they had no legal and could not help. Just needs these pushes. It's going down the right way, because if they we're confident they would have said do outright. Instead they so far have tried to fob you off, which all adds to your case. It looks possibly that they are now seriously looking into it, and probably trying to contact Samsung, so it could take a little while, but it's all good.

Paul

Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options

got another response from CAD (citizen advise direct)

"

Dear Mr xxxxxxxx

Thank you for providing us with additional information.  We have updated the case notes and will pass the details to Trading Standards. 

If we have understood correctly, you are waiting for another response from J L.  As per our first reply, you may also be able to pursue a remedy from your credit card provider. 

Please contact us again if neither of these options resolve the matter. 

barrybrown
Explorer
Options

hi guys

i bought a roku 4k stick and it plays the bbc uhd in stunning quality and netflix better than the apps for the ks8000 iam going to press richersounds and samsung for the cost of this roku as it seems like its probably the only concession we will get if we are lucku as its in the small print about what they have done

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@barrybrown wrote:

hi guys

i bought a roku 4k stick and it plays the bbc uhd in stunning quality and netflix better than the apps for the ks8000 iam going to press richersounds and samsung for the cost of this roku as it seems like its probably the only concession we will get if we are lucku as its in the small print about what they have done

Don't forget if you push for that and they accept you can no longer go down the route of mis-selling as you have already accepted their offer, assuming you're happy with that.