Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 12-01-2018 08:13 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@barrybrown wrote:

mate great thread and keep me updated with any results im about to go to see the manager of my richer sounds we bought a 49ks8000 and a panasonic 40 inch 4k set and the panasonic doing the bbc uhd at 1 third the price.I will chip in for a small claims test case

b

Just keep watching this thread and the ks refund thread.

Paul

Just came back from currys, swapped ks9000 with LGE oled c7, TV will be delivered on Tuesday

Mine had developed a fault as well exercised my right to reject under consumer rights act 2015, those who do not have fault can still exercise same rights as retailers are in breach of contract under section 11 for smart things promise

Glad you got a result, what was the fault?

Let us know how the new telly compares.

Currys offered complimentary installation so that I am covered for accident during installation, delivery is on Tuesday so will share more

0 Likes
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Not been on here for a while as been unwell. Any update Ant? This thread has grown hugely and clearly reflects a lot of resentment. That being so.. you say the thread is being noticed. How then can anyone with any moral fibre in senior Samsung management sit by and do nothing. What's the plan?

I got round to contacting my retailer so will let you know how I get on

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

This is in reference to HDR10+ and apps in general.

A lot of the apps are staged as well for roll outs it's very rare for an app to come out globally in one go as this makes it much harder to control if there is a problem.

Samsung only provide the platform on which the apps run, Samsung can help get the apps working but it's down to Amazon, BBC, Netflix to ensure they update THEIR apps on each platform and sometimes much to our disgrace they skip older televisions.

My old Panasonic 50GT50 plasma never got a single app update, Panasonic instead ditched that platfrom and went to Firefox OS instead.

We as consumers are at the mercy of manufacturers and developers to keep our televisions as up to date as possible.

It's probably better to own an amazon fire tv 4k, apple tv 4k nowadays as then you know IT WILL be supported for quite a while.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@barrybrown wrote:

mate great thread and keep me updated with any results im about to go to see the manager of my richer sounds we bought a 49ks8000 and a panasonic 40 inch 4k set and the panasonic doing the bbc uhd at 1 third the price.I will chip in for a small claims test case

b

Paul

Just came back from currys, swapped ks9000 with LGE oled c7, TV will be delivered on Tuesday

Mine had developed a fault as well exercised my right to reject under consumer rights act 2015, those who do not have fault can still exercise same rights as retailers are in breach of contract under section 11 for smart things promise

Currys offered complimentary installation so that I am covered for accident during installation, delivery is on Tuesday so will share more

Are you iqy007 on avforums?

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@barrybrown wrote:

b

Paul

Yes

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@hdmi wrote:

@paul1277 wrote:

@barrybrown wrote:

b

Paul

Yes

Very curious to know what you think of the C7 :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options
Delivery and installation are on Tuesday will share pics post install, last day of blue planet HLG!
hdmi
Voyager
Options
Screen was faulty so I exercised my legal right to reject but people who want to use smart things option have equally strong case!
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

This is in reference to HDR10+ and apps in general.

A lot of the apps are staged as well for roll outs it's very rare for an app to come out globally in one go as this makes it much harder to control if there is a problem.

Samsung only provide the platform on which the apps run, Samsung can help get the apps working but it's down to Amazon, BBC, Netflix to ensure they update THEIR apps on each platform and sometimes much to our disgrace they skip older televisions.

My old Panasonic 50GT50 plasma never got a single app update, Panasonic instead ditched that platfrom and went to Firefox OS instead.

We as consumers are at the mercy of manufacturers and developers to keep our televisions as up to date as possible.

It's probably better to own an amazon fire tv 4k, apple tv 4k nowadays as then you know IT WILL be supported for quite a while.

I understand what you are saying but why will Samsung not give any hint as to why. You seem to be explaining the reasons why we are not yet getting these updates, which begs the question do you have inside knowledge we do not. All the people have asked on these forums is for Samsung to give us a straight answer, in stead of not at this time stock answer. Samsung promised HDR10+ for all. This has not happened and they will give no reason for it. I appreciate you view but it does seem like you are speaking for Samsung. Are you a moderated?

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Not at all moderated and got a few developer friends and work as an IT consultant so using what I know about deployment, testing and damage control to put my ideas out onto this forum and provide a different perspective as well for a change.

Also I have zero affiliation with Samsung apart from owning one of their televisions so zero insider knowledge here.

0 Likes