Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 10-01-2018 07:38 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

It's would be funny if it was not so sad. The first replies from the retailers was the time limits on faulty goods, which I am sure the managers took legal advice from head office. When it was pointed out this was incorrect they are now saying they do not have access to legal advice in the store's. I think they ate trying to miss lead us which I seriously think would not go down very well when it's brought up at the small claims court because this is giving deliberate wrong information, lying, not good!!!!!! Think is we have it all here (remembered to keep a copy of these answers as further evidence of deceit).

Paul.

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

@Jay108 wrote:

Yes. 

Even though thats a very generic response I think it's safe to assume that our KS series tv's have all but being dropped by Samsung when it comes to any new features irrespective if the tv can support them.

I don't agree at all. It might be a pragmatic fallback assumption, but what we are trying to do in this thread is pressure Samsung into doing the right thing, not prematurely spread the message of defeat.

The last communication we have had here in this thread from Samsung is that - presumably because of our campaign -  they have changed their position from "we have no plans" to "holding discussions about what to do". Go back and read if it you like :smiling-face:

The fact that other parts of Samsung haven't heard the message and are still sending out the boilerplate lies ("we didn't promise IHD non-broadcast UHD HLG") or the same platitudes ("we have no plans") is neither here nor there. The last communication to us here, is the "holding discussions about what to do" one.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

@Jay108 wrote:

Yes. 

Even though thats a very generic response I think it's safe to assume that our KS series tv's have all but being dropped by Samsung when it comes to any new features irrespective if the tv can support them.

I don't agree at all. It might be a pragmatic fallback assumption, but what we are trying to do in this thread is pressure Samsung into doing the right thing, not prematurely spread the message of defeat.

The last communication we have had here in this thread from Samsung is that - presumably because of our campaign -  they have changed their position from "we have no plans" to "holding discussions about what to do". Go back and read if it you like :smiling-face:

The fact that other parts of Samsung haven't heard the message and are still sending out the boilerplate lies ("we didn't promise IHD non-broadcast UHD HLG") or the same platitudes ("we have no plans") is neither here nor there. The last communication to us here, is the "holding discussions about what to do" one.

Hope you are right as that would stop all of this because all I want is what Samsung promised us, at the 2016 CES, their press releases, and through tech publications. So far it does not bode well for any future Samsung TV!

Paul.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

I hope you are right on this.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

I hope you are right on this.

I think I am even though I am not a legal person the regs are quite clear. They have not denied miss selling and the response from Citizens advice is quite clear. The Which tool is also quite clear. I will even help towards legal cost'sfor the first person to start legal proceedings, and hope others might as well, by bank transfer. Pay me back when you win. All it needs is one win to open the flood gates.

Here is a complaints board with other unhappy Samsung customers.

https://www.complaintsdepartment.co.uk/samsung-uk/#comment-3696344235

Paul

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

Couldn't resist...

http://www.avsforum.com/samsung-qled-tvs-ces-2018/

Samsung's new 2018 range. "Samsung QLED TVs at CES 2018"

It seems that they've got SmartThings working after all...(!)

"A new SmartThings Dashboard lets you access, monitor, and control IoT (Internet of Things) devices from the TV.

Also new for 2018 is Samsung’s Bixby voice-controlled assistant. In addition to selecting content to watch, Bixby can also control IoT devices and answer many types of questions. I’m not sure the world needs another voice assistant like Alexa or Siri, but Samsung offers one anyway."

:smileyfrustrated:

0 Likes
Grinch
Explorer
Options

Hi

I wish I had been aware of this Samsung complaint site before I had purchased my KS9000, if I had I would have stayed with Sony.

What amazes me is how the Audio, AV and Hi-Fi magazines have not picked up on the poor after service given by Samsung. How do they ever justify their 5 star ratings on the Samsung products without taking into account their after service. It is absolutely clear they treat customers with disdain.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

@mrtickle wrote:

Couldn't resist...

http://www.avsforum.com/samsung-qled-tvs-ces-2018/

Samsung's new 2018 range. "Samsung QLED TVs at CES 2018"

It seems that they've got SmartThings working after all...(!)

"A new SmartThings Dashboard lets you access, monitor, and control IoT (Internet of Things) devices from the TV.

Also new for 2018 is Samsung’s Bixby voice-controlled assistant. In addition to selecting content to watch, Bixby can also control IoT devices and answer many types of questions. I’m not sure the world needs another voice assistant like Alexa or Siri, but Samsung offers one anyway."

:smileyfrustrated:

Just because they announced it does not mean anyone will get it lol

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Going to be posting a ton of proof to currys legal department along with a letter concerning their store who have tried to absolve themselves from all responsibility this weekend if I do not get a meaningful response from their team know how i.e if they say their stance is as before which is tough luck.

This way I can also get the further response from the citizens advice bureau and hopefully trading standards to add weight to my case if they both respond before the weekend.

Really need to buy ink for my printer too!

0 Likes
Jay108
Voyager
Options

@AntS wrote:

Morning folks.

Just a post to say that no further updates on this as of yet, other than that your concerns have been passed on, and that discussion is now taking place between the people above me about this matter. I’m unable to give a timescale, or predict the outcome, but as I said before, I’ll keep you all updated with what I can as I can.

Meanwhile, happy for the contributions and conversation between you guys (and anyone else who’d like to join in) to continue.

@AntS any update on this matter please. Is Samsung taking this issue seriously? I payed over £4500 pounds for a  KS9500 78" TV just over 6 months ago. I was under the impression that this was a flagship model and future proof for few years. Like most of the KS owners I am very disappointed with the lack of information and update from Samsung. We are not happy with the generic response provided by Samsung support. 

0 Likes