Support

Open search

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

Voyager

@paul1277 wrote:

@rozel wrote:

I'm finding it difficult to believe that given this is a Samsung com forum that they: -

 

1.  Haven't taken down the couple of threads (this being one)

2. Haven't responded

 

74 pages since the 5th December here and absolutely nowt.  It is diabolically disgraceful Samsung!  At least give us something, even if it's not what we want - just be bl**dy polite please!  It's making everyone angry.


If you do not agree that's fine, but every one is allowed an opinion, it's called free speech.

They may just agree with us and our issues here. There has been no offencive language or attacks on anyone. 

Samsung have misrepresented their products in delivering promises they made and their response has been very poor, with explanations why they will not deliver. That silence is the reason that owners are left with only one alternative.

You are the only person who has been censored for swearing, so if you do not agree that's fine but we are only asking for what our Law protects us from i.e. miss selling.

At this point I must ask do you work for any of the companies who may have been talked about in this forum?

Paul


Who's been censored lol?  Not me - I placed the asterisks in my post, so it wouldn't be censored!  I'm not disagreeing with you in any which way but maybe you are far too involved with litigation matters to see the wider picture.  I think there will be far more people on who are reading this thread who choose not to post and are waiting to see what happens, like myself.  I fully support you Paul on everything you have done, but claiming refunds isn't for everyone.  I like my KS9500 and the idea of a petition seems to me to be an excellent idea and may prove more effective.  Just my tuppence worth - but I got the impression you were taking my post personally, which was not my aim at all - sorry if you did.

Voyager

Dear Samsung.

 

I am glad that there seems to be a legitimate cause for recourse for owners of the KS sets, be it a spurious or otherwise, desire to control your home with a dongle that never was. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to wage war with my retailer nor Samsung, seeing as the set I bought is the 2015 JS model and no promises of dongles or Evolution Kit were made at the time I was purchasing my JS8000.

 

I too actually really like my TV and think it's a great set. I wouldn't want to change it for a more recent set seeing as it plays 3D and currently there are no 3D TVs being manufactured. However, Samsung, the TV I bought was at the time sold as the very high speck, all bells and whistles, nano-crystal, SUHD, brighter whites, darker blacks and a colour gamut that would leave Joseph and his technicolour dream-coat smarting with envy. When released it cost £2350.00, yes, really THAT MUCH!

 

For a TV costing THAT MUCH, I was led to believe that it was future proof and that whatever improvements to it's operation 'could' be made, 'would' be made (via updates).  Therefor I am sickened by your obvious lack of efforts to support your products once sold. Whilst technically you may be within your rights to state:-

"We have no plans at this time to enable the UHD Version of BBC i-Player on 2014, 2015 & 2016 UHD TV or UHD BD Players.”  

 

morally, that attitude stinks.

 

Personally I cannot believe any company would be so remiss to willfully allow such ill-feeling from its customers. Should your stance not change regarding the UHD BBC i-player, well that's your choice. Me never buying any other Samsung products, will be MY choice.

Black Belt 

I have used the misrepresentation route against Curry's also for a JS8000, in respect when Netflix started broadcast HDR the TV could not play it, even though it was sold as fully comparable. At first Curry's denied ever saying that it was HDR even though that was a big selling point then. Samsung at first said Netflix should work, Netflix told it was due to Samsung not updating it's app. Then Samsung said the TV was not HDR at all! By this time Amazon were broadcasting HDR and this proved the set was HDR as advertised, but not fully because Netflix would not work (bit like BBC IPlayer HLG). So Samsung lied! Then Curry's said they could do no more and denied saying they had advertised it as fully HDR compatible. I took advice from  Citizens Advice and drafted a letter of intent to take legal action. A few days later I got a call from Curry's and was given a full refund. I know the rules on misrepresentation are very strong, with Oct  2015 regs, section 75, and the 1974 consumer credit act. It is easy to start a section 75 at no cost. 

I have a problem going down that route as I bought from Amazon from DA Tech and because they are classed as a third party lost my section 75 protection (everyone be aware if buying third party from Amazon or EBay). 

I would be happy if Samsung just kept their promise on the HLG, and HDR10+, and I think most others here would be also. That is all we asked for and if is the silence from Samsung that has forced us down other avenues. When the first person does get a result and post's it here, I am sure a lot more will follow. I is in Samsung's hands on where things go and to do the right thing so this thread can close. 

I will give credit to this forum's mod's for keeping Samsung informed of the sentiment show here.

Paul

Helping Hand

This is Curry's final say on the matter in my case.

 

Dear Dale,

 

Case reference: *****

 

Thank you for your email dated 6th January 2018.

 

Further to your enquiry, the email sent is in fact our stance on this matter. You have had the item 18 months without contacting us we would therefore not class this as a reasonable amount of time. You have had 18 months of use from the television without cause to contact us regarding any issue until recently.

 

Thank you for contacting Team Knowhow.

 

Kind regards,

 

Roger *****

Team Knowhow

Helping Hand

And my final response to Currys.

 

Dear Customer Service Team,

Thank you for your email I have since contacted Trading Standards and will be sending a letter of intent in writing to Currys tomorrow (see attached) to take this up in the small claims court by recorded delivery.

 

A reasonable amount of time does not get Curry's out of mis-selling goods and the fact that Currys have not denied mis-selling it once in all the correspondence leads me to believe that Curry's knowingly sold all 2016 KS series televisions knowing that the dongle would never be included.

 

Regards,

 

 

Dale Kilborn

Navigator
Do you recommend any?
Black Belt 

@daleski75 wrote:

This is Curry's final say on the matter in my case.

 

Dear Dale,

 

Case reference: *****

 

Thank you for your email dated 6th January 2018.

 

Further to your enquiry, the email sent is in fact our stance on this matter. You have had the item 18 months without contacting us we would therefore not class this as a reasonable amount of time. You have had 18 months of use from the television without cause to contact us regarding any issue until recently.

 

Thank you for contacting Team Knowhow.

 

Kind regards,

 

Roger *****

Team Knowhow


I did not expect anything less. They have not answered your question about where the regs say you have a time limit apart from the 6 years as the regs say. They are now hoping you will go away, and a lot of people will take their word. It happened to me, but they paid up. You can now take that as the retailers finale word, which is OK, because it shows you have done exhausted all avenues with them. Now you can ring you credit card issuer and enquire about a section 75. Also Citizens Advice will also advise. 

Some retailers will do their best to deny any and everything. They will only refund when forced and that is where FSA and letter of intent come in. 

Everyone who used the Which tool did it say anything about time limits, no. They are just trying it on.

Navigator

I fully agree with your point of view, an average person doesn’t buy a TV every other year, atleast not for 7-8 years! so the idea of researching is to get the best product available (with all the bells and whistles), atleast in our own personal Budgets - thus “future proofing” atleast for the next 6-7 years..and Samsung have failed royally on the “SUHD” range..and to top it up there isn’t an official apology or any words of consolation from them..not so much of customer satisfaction after all!

Highlighted
Navigator

Why can’t somebody senior from currys be looped into this?? the “knowhow” team is good for support and nothing more!!

Helping Hand

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

This is Curry's final say on the matter in my case.

 

Dear Dale,

 

Case reference: CC3591537

 

Thank you for your email dated 6th January 2018.

 

Further to your enquiry, the email sent is in fact our stance on this matter. You have had the item 18 months without contacting us we would therefore not class this as a reasonable amount of time. You have had 18 months of use from the television without cause to contact us regarding any issue until recently.

 

Thank you for contacting Team Knowhow.

 

Kind regards,

 

Roger Read

Team Knowhow


I did not expect anything less. They have not answered your question about where the regs say you have a time limit apart from the 6 years as the regs say. They are now hoping you will go away, and a lot of people will take their word. It happened to me, but they paid up. You can now take that as the retailers finale word, which is OK, because it shows you have done exhausted all avenues with them. Now you can ring you credit card issuer and enquire about a section 75. Also Citizens Advice will also advise. 

Some retailers will do their best to deny any and everything. They will only refund when forced and that is where FSA and letter of intent come in. 

Everyone who used the Which tool did it say anything about time limits, no. They are just trying it on.


Precisely they have not provided any written proof to back up their argument and even more telling is the fact they have not once denied mis-selling the tv whatsoever which I would of thought would of been Curry's first and foremost argument against my case.

Top Liked Authors