Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-01-2018 03:07 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Sent

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Curry's have just responded.

Dear Dale,

Case Reference: *****

Thank you for your email dated the 4th January 2018. 

I am sorry to learn you feel you were miss sold the TV you purchase.  As you have not notified us in a reasonable amount of time after your purchase.  The sales of goods act does advise that if an item is not fit for purpose then you can make a claim but this is referring to the working of the TV.  As this item is not faulty we would not be able to take your claim further.

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist you further on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Joshua *****

Team Knowhow

They are just trying to get out of it and hope you will go away. Point out to them that under the regs miss selling is a justified reason to ask for a refund.  Point out you got this miss information from their web site, which they can check. Also put in the link. Again I did not expect anything less.

Sent my response already so lets see what they come back with now as I have threatened them with the small claims court.

paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

My response to Currys

Dear Customer Service Team,

Please note the Sales of Goods Act only applies to items brought prior to 2015 so the Consumer Rights Act applies to the purchase I made in 2016.

The time taken for myself to get back to Currys bears absolutely no relevance to my rights as a consumer and the law which Currys MUST adhere to.

The Consumer Rights Act states you have up to 6 years in which to report a product as being faulty, not fit for purpose and in this case NOT AS DESCRIBED so I am well within this time frame so by law you have to offer me a full refund or replacement at no cost to myself as you have mis-sold the TV as it should of come with a Smart Things Extender but clearly did not.

If this cannot be resolved I will be forced to take Currys to the small claims court for not obeying the consumer rights act for mis-selling products and refusing my statutory rights as a consumer to ask for a full refund or replacement within 6 years of purchase.

Regards,

Dale Kilborn

Well written and say's what need's to be said. I very much Curry's will actually go to court especially from their response which we know is incorrect.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

And lastly another quick reply to them.

Dear Customer Service Team,

Further to this here are the extracts from the Consumer Rights Act

Goods to be as described
Every contract to supply goods by description is to be treated as including a term that the goods will match the description.

As above your website states SmartThings Extend WOULD come with the television but did not and you are in clear breach of the Consumer Rights Act for MIS-SELLING this product as it was not as advertised.

http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

ukpetey
Pioneer
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Dear Dale,

Case Reference: *****

I am sorry to learn you feel you were miss sold the TV you purchase.  As you have not notified us in a reasonable amount of time after your purchase.  The sales of goods act does advise that if an item is not fit for purpose then you can make a claim but this is referring to the working of the TV.  As this item is not faulty we would not be able to take your claim further.

Please accept my apologies that I am unable to assist you further on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Joshua *****

Team Knowhow

They are just trying to get out of it and hope you will go away. Point out to them that under the regs miss selling is a justified reason to ask for a refund.  Point out you got this miss information from their web site, which they can check. Also put in the link. Again I did not expect anything less.

Exactly why I NEVER buy from Currys, they are a complete shower, and will say anything to get out of their obligations. Team Knowhow? Team Knowsodall! 

You might care to email the Chief Executive of Dixons Carphone PLC, Sebastian James, directly. Going to the top in these situations usually works for me, rather than some customer contact centre person:

CaptnSpaulding
Navigator
Options

Hope you don’t mind but I copied your email to Currys and had this response today -

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your email dated 02/01/2017. Please accept my apologies for the delay in this response.

I am very sorry you feel you've been misold. The item in question was bought in September of 2016 and we expect customer to do their research into product before purchase. If within return period the item wasn't fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality, it should have been returned in that window.

Unfortunately a refund can not be offered at this time. If you do need to discuss this matter any further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0344 561 1234.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards,

Nyeche *****
Team knowhow

I also copied your reply (again hope you don’t mind) and will await their reply! 

Sam-Knp
Navigator
Options

We (all the burnt customers) should collectively go after our respective retailers!

Samsung HAS to pay! and therefore won’t ever deceive their customers in future!!!

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

Hope you don’t mind but I copied your email to Currys and had this response today -

Dear Christopher,

Thank you for your email dated 02/01/2017. Please accept my apologies for the delay in this response.

I am very sorry you feel you've been misold. The item in question was bought in September of 2016 and we expect customer to do their research into product before purchase. If within return period the item wasn't fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality, it should have been returned in that window.

Unfortunately a refund can not be offered at this time. If you do need to discuss this matter any further, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0344 561 1234.

Kind regards,

Nyeche *****
Team knowhow

I also copied your reply (again hope you don’t mind) and will await their reply! 

These responses are based on assumption that you will not take legal action, time to discuss with trading standards before following up on legal action

Edit: target of legal action should be the seller i.e Curry's not Samsung unless you bought directly from them

mrtickle
Helping Hand
Options

@CaptnSpaulding wrote:

Dear Christopher,

Kind regards,

Nyeche *****
Team knowhow

Do not ever speak to them on the telephone. Do EVERYTHING in writing, as you are doing now. They are still trying to deny The Law. Their attempt to trick you into phoning them is part of this strategy.

"Unfortunately a refund can not be offered at this time" - er, BZZT, wrong, The Law not only says that it can, it says that It Will Be. The "Return Period" is now SIX YEARS. That's the fact of the matter.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Response from Currys looks like they are happy to go to court.

Dear Dale,

Case reference: *****

Thank you for your email dated 5th January 2018.  I would have liked to discuss this further over the telephone, however, it was not possible to locate a contact number for you.

I am sorry that we can't remedy this to your satisfaction.  Any instances of miss-sale would need to be raised within  reasonable time.  I understand you know escalate this legally and apologise you feel the need to do this.

Although this may not be the response you were looking for I trust we have clearly explained our position on this matter. 

Kind regards,

Tom *****
Team Knowhow
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Sent

@paul1277 wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

Dear Dale,

Case Reference: *****

Kind regards,

Joshua *****

Team Knowhow

Sent my response already so lets see what they come back with now as I have threatened them with the small claims court.

It Say's customers should do their research and you did not contact within a reasonable time. First thing these things did not come with the TV but were an update. Everyone are being reasonable by giving Samsung reasonable time to supply said items(dongle) and updates. There us no time limit in the regs except the 6 year limit. There is no mention when you must make a claim. As I have said they are just trying their luck. Until they are legally threatened they will keep this attitude. Again though I doubt very much that they will actually go to court dew to the negative impact it will have. I had to issue a letter of intent to take legal proceedings. Then they agreed to a refund.