Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 05-01-2018 07:58 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@spellinn wrote:

Currys responded to my customer services email stating that as I bought the TV in store I'd need to bring my mis-selling issue to the store! Totally unaccetable response!

Did they email or it was over a phone call? Try to get this response in written form (printout) and take a letter citing consumer act and ask for written response from the store if they refuse to refund

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

At least they have not said no. I suggest you send the same email to the store, and if you can drop off the letter in person at the store addressed to the manager. I had to give them a letter of intent to take legal action and pointed out that would cause additional costs. As I said they will not make it easy, but the law is on your side. Also citizens advice can also help. 

Paul

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Currys Northampton are still refusing to play ball, at least some other stores are willing to talk about it!

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

Currys Northampton are still refusing to play ball, at least some other stores are willing to talk about it!

They are thinking that not many people will follow up with legal action, time to talk to trading standards, just gather all the details and explain it to trading standards

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

I did not expect anything less. Write a letter of intent to take legal action addressed to the manager. The template is online. Hand it in and back it up with a copy email to the store and their support. Then wait.

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Just sent a further complaint and putting consumer law etc in bold and will see what they come back with now.

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@hdmi wrote:

@daleski75 wrote:

They are thinking that not many people will follow up with legal action, time to talk to trading standards, just gather all the details and explain it to trading standards

The last thing they want us to actually go to court because if they lose then that opens the door to everyone. More importantly it also gets reported, which will encourage others down this route. I bet they will settle before court.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

I want to avoid that if I can however if they stick to their guns then I will tell them I intend to take court action and hope it never comes to that.

Taken a copy of their web page which shows smart things extend in case they take it down or make amendments to it.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options

Thought of a possible way Curry's can get out of this and I hope they do not take that approach lol

0 Likes
hdmi
Voyager
Options

@daleski75 wrote:

I want to avoid that if I can however if they stick to their guns then I will tell them I intend to take court action and hope it never comes to that.

Taken a copy of their web page which shows smart things extend in case they take it down or make amendments to it.

This is what they are counting on, people giving up