Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

(Topic created on: 02-01-2018 02:08 PM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

So, of the nigh on 400 TVs supported in BBC iplayer for the Blue Planet II  HLG episodes none are from Samsung. Oh joy. 

Moderator edit: Original thread title was "Blue Planet 2 HLG - No Samsung". With the OP's permission, the title was changed on 12/03/2018 to accurately reflect the dominant theme of the thread as it has progressed. If the reader would like to know more about the HLG format, please check out the BBC's page and FAQ's on it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/projects/high-dynamic-range Thank you, AntS.

4,840 REPLIES 4,840
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

Here is the Currys support email address

customer.services@currys.co.uk

or you can phone them on    0344 561 1234

I always think it is best to email and that leaves a "paper" trail.

Paul

0 Likes
Intelz
Apprentice
Options

Thank you all for the Email address.
Just sending the email now.

0 Likes
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
Now comes the 14 day wait for an answer.
Intelz
Apprentice
Options
I have sent the Email now and also followed it up with a phone call and the support staff are useless and abosolutely no idea.
Alex.
daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
I am sticking to email correspondence only as speaking to customer services will only more than likely confuse matters or simply make you very annoyed.
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Intelz wrote:
I have sent the Email now and also followed it up with a phone call and the support staff are useless and abosolutely no idea.
Alex.

That's why I think email is best as it give's them time to scratch their heads. The support just go of crib sheets, and then say they will call back, and occasionally they might.

Send the letter in and wait 2 weeks for an answer. The more owners who do this the more likely they will take us seriously.

Paul

hdmi
Voyager
Options

@paul1111 wrote:

@Intelz wrote:
Alex.

That's why I think email is best as it give's them time to scratch their heads. The support just go of crib sheets, and then say they will call back, and occasionally they might.

Send the letter in and wait 2 weeks for an answer. The more owners who do this the more likely they will take us seriously.

Paul

Yes that is correct, I got an automated reply that they will call me within 5 working days, I've had good experience with curry, they replaced my faulty Samsung fridge (over 6 months old) with an LGE in 2009, I will wait for the call or call them up after 5 days citing the reference number in automated email, if things do not get resolved then I will follow below steps suggested by which

What do I do now?

This letter has been created using the information you entered when using our faulty goods tool. Please make sure it accurately describes the issues you wish to refer to the retailer before taking things forward.

1. Send the letter to Currys via email or post.
  2. Give Currys 14 days to respond.
  3. Don't be fobbed off! Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 it is the responsibility of Currys to put the situation right. Don't let them tell you they can't help as you're out of warranty or blame the manufacturer.
  4. If you've asked for a repair or replacement but it will take either unreasonably long or put you at a significant inconvenience, you're entitled to request a refund.
  5. Similarly the retailer can refuse your requested remedy in preference for another if they can prove your request is disproportionately expensive or not possible.
  6. If you've owned the Samsung UE55KS9000 for longer than 6 months it's your responsibility to prove that the fault was there at the time of purchase.
  7. If Currys fails to respond or reach a satisfactory settlement with you, you can either go to the manufacturer (if the Samsung UE55KS9000 is under warranty) or take your complaint to an appropriate ombudsman.

Go back to the Faulty Goods Tool  

daleski75
Helping Hand
Options
Wait for them to reply and take it from there, not much else you can do really.
0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I agree with the info on faulty goods, but and this is important the main issue h e r e is the miss selling. Under that you can make a claim up to 6 years from purchase and because the miss selling was there when you purchassed it you do not need to show there was a fault when you bought it, as there was'nt. It is quite clear in the regs about the miss selling and it has to be as described. If they say there will be updates or futher functions in the future, then thos updates and functions MUST be forth coming. If they do not deliver in a reasonble period then that is miss selling! 

Smart Connect dongle promised 2016.

HDR10+   promised late 2017.

Full HLG support first promised Dec 2016.

It is up to the buyer to show they had been shown the adverts or told by the retailer, and it's to show with some links from the retailers web sites and popular tech mag's giving discriptions of the above, which I am sure you checked out when you were reserching you TV's.

AntS
Options

@amokuk wrote:

@Do we have any update from samsung regarding this? @AntS?

No further update as of yet, @amokuk.

But this thread is being noticed. 

For everyone: I appreciate that there's an appetite to spread this issue (and stuff springing from it) around on the forum, but it really is best in this instance to keep things focussed in one area/thread when it comes to posting on here.