Support

Open search

iPlayer HLG/UHD HDR on Samsung’s J and K Series TVs

Explorer

@amokuk wrote:

It's almost like they don't care!


Well, they've had our money

Helping Hand

@BAMozzy wrote:

It really is poor and I am sure its Samsung and refusing the App itself as I doubt the BBC will be offering a different HLG to the one on its own App. The big issue though will be how we get access - it certainly seems that it will not be via the 'SmartHUB' on our 2016 (or older) Samsungs.

 

Its a shame that Samsungs older 'Smart' TV's are not 'smart' enough and cannot be updated


No, it's not "certain" that it won't be via the SmartHub. We've had one statement, and an appeal from moderators for owners of older sets to post and and make our voices heard. To me, this means they will monitor the strength of opinion 'ere and act accordingly. It is up to us to get as many owners as possible to post support 'ere.

 

We know that the older Smart TVs are smart enough and they can be updated. The doubt is the timeline, and Samsung's willingness to **** off a huge number of people - or to do the right thing and keep their promise.

 

 

 

 

Explorer
Thats another thing i dont understand, why should we make ourselfs heard? This appeal to make our voices heard from samsung is unnecessary, they they should do like LG or Panasonic and update older sets as well.
Explorer

I don’t suppose they’ll be in a hurry to do anything. My KS7000 tv’s firmware is still on 1201 and even today it says no updates are available. I’ve been reading for weeks that 1201 has been updated, but I’m not faffing about with USB drives. So I’ll just wait. As usual. F F S !

Hotshot

It seem's like the 2017 owners outrage had an effect and as 2016 owners we need to keep the same outrage. What worries me is when this Iplayer test ends next month we will not be able to see if Samsung are doing the right thing. I bet Samsung are hoping to ride out this until BBC stop the Blue Planet 2 test. It is really treating their customers with utter contempt! How can they allow press reports to say they are fully supporting HLG and then denying they ever said that!!!!!!!!!!!! If this an American, British, German, Canadian and any other country they would not treat their customers like this, but it seem's the South Koreans do not give a dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shame on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All they want to do is rip off the west. Their customer support is shocking and I can not understand how they get away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not give up and plaster this where ever you think you can.

Hotshot

It sould be 1208.2


@ukpetey wrote:

I don’t suppose they’ll be in a hurry to do anything. My KS7000 tv’s firmware is still on 1201 and even today it says no updates are available. I’ve been reading for weeks that 1201 has been updated, but I’m not faffing about with USB drives. So I’ll just wait. As usual. F F S !


 

Helping Hand

@ukpetey wrote:

I don’t suppose they’ll be in a hurry to do anything.


Well certainly not over the Xmas break, no. 

 


@ukpetey wrote:

My KS7000 tv’s firmware is still on 1201 and even today it says no updates are available. I’ve been reading for weeks that 1201 has been updated, but I’m not faffing about with USB drives. So I’ll just wait.


Well then, that's entirely your choice - the rollout mechanism takes weeks/months because they are done in batches. If you want it promptly, you can "faff about with USB drives" (hardly a faff really, it's very streamlined).

1201.6 was released on 3rd Aug. Since then we've had 1203.6 (27th Sep) and 1208.2 (14th Nov).

From what you say, something doesn't sound right. If you manually "check for updates" and are not seeing even 1203.6 by now, something could be wrong with your setup?

NB: Software updates don't work if you're inside an app, you must be viewing a HDMI input or one of the internal tuners.

 

But seriously, instead of stressing that it's not updating, if you do want the latest firmware, just download 1208.2 (14th Nov) from http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55KS7000UXXU#n and follow the simple instructions

 

Highlighted
Navigator

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

 

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there  https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

 

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

 

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund  

Voyager

@Tezz wrote:

All you people in the UK can return your KS TVs IF you bought it for the use of the smartthings Extend that will never be coming out for our TVs. ***** is how.

 

Tell them you want a full refund because they promised that if you bought a KS TV you would get a FREE Smartthings Extend. They proof you will need is easy to find and is the reason you bought this TV.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMc3V98yzNY

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSWoUmU5YQ

I bought mine from J Lewis and the Samsung Extend addvert is still there  https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

 

If you bought your KS TV from currys http://techtalk.currys.co.uk/tv-gaming/tv/how-to-control-your-home-from-your-smart-tv/

 

They both say that you will get a free smartthings extend USB dongle.

Now send you TVs back for a full refund  


Was it supposed to be in the box or to be ordered separately?

Explorer

@mrtickle wrote:

@ukpetey wrote:

I don’t suppose they’ll be in a hurry to do anything.


Well certainly not over the Xmas break, no. 

 


@ukpetey wrote:

My KS7000 tv’s firmware is still on 1201 and even today it says no updates are available. I’ve been reading for weeks that 1201 has been updated, but I’m not faffing about with USB drives. So I’ll just wait.


Well then, that's entirely your choice - the rollout mechanism takes weeks/months because they are done in batches. If you want it promptly, you can "faff about with USB drives" (hardly a faff really, it's very streamlined).

1201.6 was released on 3rd Aug. Since then we've had 1203.6 (27th Sep) and 1208.2 (14th Nov).

From what you say, something doesn't sound right. If you manually "check for updates" and are not seeing even 1203.6 by now, something could be wrong with your setup?

NB: Software updates don't work if you're inside an app, you must be viewing a HDMI input or one of the internal tuners.

 

But seriously, instead of stressing that it's not updating, if you do want the latest firmware, just download 1208.2 (14th Nov) from http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE55KS7000UXXU#n and follow the simple instructions

 


If you follow the simple instructions you will not be able to install firmware as the instructions are wrong. 

Top Liked Authors