Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't update firmware samsung q90R

(Topic created on: 24-09-2019 08:46 PM)
DReborn
First Poster
Options

i have a new samsung q90r 82" and i cannot update the firmware. i have tried wifi and wired connection. i have done a factory reset. 

start the update

tv finds the update

tries to install it and eventually timing out giving me the CURL28 internet unstable error (i have a dedicated 1gig/1gig internet and all my devices are working great)

anybody been successful in updating the firmware on this tv? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DReborn wrote:

i have a new samsung q90r 82" and i cannot update the firmware. i have tried wifi and wired connection. i have done a factory reset. 

start the update

tv finds the update

tries to install it and eventually timing out giving me the CURL28 internet unstable error (i have a dedicated 1gig/1gig internet and all my devices are working great)

anybody been successful in updating the firmware on this tv? 

Hi @DReborn I take it streaming services are fine on the TV- just issue with update.     It is possible you have the latest firmware which is 1318.0, however if not you could download it to  USB and and update that way . However it seems the 82 inch model is an US one and not available in Europe.    https://www.samsung.com/us/support

If by any chance there is problem with any of the apps  an idea is to change the DNS settings. Go to Network-Network Settings-DNS Settings. Change from Automatic to to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
DReborn
First Poster
Options

thanks for sending! worried to install firmware that is not made directly for my US tv

also, odd thing i noticed: i connected tv to my phone hot spot and the update started to work.....problem is it literally would take 4 hours to download the update

so there is something going on with my firewall/network/etc cause my phone somehow let samsung to start downloading update 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DReborn wrote:

thanks for sending! worried to install firmware that is not made directly for my US tv

also, odd thing i noticed: i connected tv to my phone hot spot and the update started to work.....problem is it literally would take 4 hours to download the update

so there is something going on with my firewall/network/etc cause my phone somehow let samsung to start downloading update 

I did send link for Us site but can not see firmware listed there, though is on uk site (there can be differences and generally not recommended to use European ones for US)   It does seem  a bit strange thoughg may be  issue with network, suggestion would be  to reboot router and  [possibly also Tv to see if that makes a difference. Samsung Us Community is here should you wish to look there at any time  https://us.community.samsung.com/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
J_K
First Poster
Options

I switched my connection from wired to wireless, just for the update.  Switched back to wired after update.  It worked.  Not sure why, annoying, but that did it.

conerlyg
First Poster
Options
Same issue and same fix for 40 series. Except I went from wireless to wired and back again. Samsung. ....weird stuff. get it together.
0 Likes