Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't stream youtube videos from iphone 7 to Samsung smart tv

(Topic created on: 02-06-2018 10:26 PM)
Marin
Explorer
Options

Hello!

I can no longer stream videos from Youtube app on my iPhone 7 to my Samsung Smart TVs.

It connects fine, but if I start a video, it freezes, video doesn't start, usually I have to turn off TV and turn it back on. Nothing is wrong with router. For the last 2 years I had no problems with this.

Please help.

Thank You!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Marin

Please can you confirm the model number of the TV you're attempting to connect to? If it's available in the Apps menu, you may wish to look at downloading the Youtube app on your TV as a workaround in the meantime. (Menu > Apps > Search > Youtube).
0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
Hi @Marin

Please can you confirm the model number of the TV you're attempting to connect to? If it's available in the Apps menu, you may wish to look at downloading the Youtube app on your TV as a workaround in the meantime. (Menu > Apps > Search > Youtube).

My son has an iPhone and he could not stream to my ks. It works with an android phone.  Think its how the iPhone works. If you sort it please let me know. 

0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options

Models are UE55H6500 and UE48H6400. On both TVs Youtube app is installed from the day one. All apps are updated, tv software updated, wifi working ok...

Before some time I could easily open youtube app on my iphone, choose a video, connect to anyone of my TVs and let the video stream on the selected TV. I could also make video list, it worked perfectly. Even if I wasn't logged in the youtube as a user, on my phone nor on my tv, computer, etc. Now, even when logged in on all devices, it doesn't work.

If I open youtube app on my TV and choose a video, it plays correctly. But if I try to do it from my iPhone... unfortunately, it doesn't work.

0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options

Any ideas? Any help from anyone?

Sometimes Youtube app blocks on both of my TV's even without any phones in the area.

0 Likes
Oscar96
First Poster
Options

Hey I recently purchased a Samsung smart tv UN55NU6900F. The tv works fine, however when I try to connect my iPod (YouTube) to the TV it will not connect even though I have the app and it tries to connect 

0 Likes