Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio problems NU7120 TV

(Topic created on: 30-10-2018 06:20 PM)
shlomiha
Student
Options

Hi

I'm using a usb hard drive that contain mkv files.

In some files i'm getting a message that the audio is not supported and the movie run without sound.

There is no problem with my mu8000 TV using the same usb hard drive and the same movie files.

Any ideas ?

Shlomi

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@shlomiha: The MU8000 supports the following audio codecs for .mkv files: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, LPCM, ADPCM (IMA, MS), AAC, HE-AAC, WMA, MPEG (MP3), DTS (Core, LBR, HD_MA, HD_HRA and G.711 (A-Law, U-Law). With this in mind please check that the affected files are compatible with the audio codecs on the TV. If not then regretfully it will not be possible to view the files with accompanying audio.
0 Likes
shlomiha
Student
Options

Hi Andrew

As I wrote, the sound issue isn't with the mu8000, but with the nu7120 (43") TV

Shlomi

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@shlomiha wrote:

Hi

I'm using a usb hard drive that contain mkv files.

In some files i'm getting a message that the audio is not supported and the movie run without sound.

There is no problem with my mu8000 TV using the same usb hard drive and the same movie files.

Any ideas ?

Shlomi

Are they playing DTS as this years Samsung TVs no longer support DTS,  only Dolby Digital so if it is DTS you will get that error. Also even if you have a HDMI soundbar or avoid receiver it will not pass through bitstream either. The onlyvway round is to use a media player or play through your bluray player. 

Considering these are supposed to be premium TVs to remove the DTS support is a real backwards step. 

AndrewL
Options
Many apologies Shlomi, not sure how I missed that one. Having checked the audio codecs of the NU7120 I can see immediately that DTS (Core, LBR, HD_MA, HD_HRA,) is not present in the supported audio codecs list. This leads me to believe that the affected files feature this audio and that's why they work on your MU8000 but not the NU7120.
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
Many apologies Shlomi, not sure how I missed that one. Having checked the audio codecs of the NU7120 I can see immediately that DTS (Core, LBR, HD_MA, HD_HRA,) is not present in the supported audio codecs list. This leads me to believe that the affected files feature this audio and that's why they work on your MU8000 but not the NU7120.

Like I said it is unbelievable that Samsung have stopped supporting DTS on all of their 2018 TVs. Another reason to go elsewhere. All the major manufacters do support dts.  Now if you want to play any DTS media you need a media player. 

blackjesus
First Poster
Options

All you need to do is convert the .mkv file to something extension which is supportable by the TV>

for example, this one

https://www.easefab.com/tutorial/play-mkv-files-on-samsung-tv.html

0 Likes