Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

arc channel

(Topic created on: 26-11-2017 12:09 PM)
markt
Journeyman
Options

hi all

a bit of a pain this one...since updating the firmware in my tv magically i hane lost the arc function to my home cinema amp.

tv is a ue49ks8000 series

all was working fine on previous version...and with no option to revert it back it looks like im buggered.

before any knowitall keyboard warrior/script reader types reply..yes i have checked all connections..tried another hdmi lead and even factory reset the tv.

a samsung tech would be a better bet at replying with a fix or solution to get it all working again...must say im a bit pissed and not a happy bunny. 🙂

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@markt wrote:

hi all

a bit of a pain this one...since updating the firmware in my tv magically i hane lost the arc function to my home cinema amp.

tv is a ue49ks8000 series

all was working fine on previous version...and with no option to revert it back it looks like im buggered.

before any knowitall keyboard warrior/script reader types reply..yes i have checked all connections..tried another hdmi lead and even factory reset the tv.

a samsung tech would be a better bet at replying with a fix or solution to get it all working again...must say im a bit pissed and not a happy bunny. 🙂

Thing is if every thing was working as should before the update then I do not thing there is a problem with you HDMI cabels and your receiver. I updated my firmware yesterday and now the TV is going like a slug. Do they test their firmware before they put it on line.

0 Likes
markt
Journeyman
Options
god only knows paul..it wouldnt be too hard to put an explanation as to what the new firmware updates do..its not rocket science lol.

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

For Samsung .... yes. I have been haveing a battle with them since Augusr over it not recording from the planner. You might have seen some of my post and Samsung face book page, and am getting really frustrated with all the time wasting. They do reply very often and if you arrnage a call back it does not happen.

markt
Journeyman
Options
the plot worsens lol.
unplugged everything from the samsung connect box..powered tv up..factory reset..now says it cannot see the connect box...aarrghhh.
what else can go wrong lol.
im going to find the nearest repair centre and throw it through their window.
looks like a call to supplier to TRY and organise a replacement...or do i just take it up the ar*e and buy my own as i can see there being an almighty farse trying to get one.
0 Likes