Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube app stopped working

(Topic created on: 17-03-2020 02:49 PM)
Rick17
Explorer
Options

Hi.

The Youtube app on my Samsung Smart TV stopped working a week ago. When I select the app on the TV menu the screen simply goes dark grey and nothing happens.

The TV model is UE32M5505A.

Does anyone here has the same problem? Is it a general issue?

What should I do?

14 REPLIES 14
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Rick17.

Could you tell us the software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

Also, let's try restting the Smart Hub. Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Rick17
Explorer
Options

The software version is T-KTSDEUC-1250.5, B-TS.

Some days ago, the app started working again, although I didn't do nothing. But today, when I tried it, a message appeared, saying that there was something wrong with the site's (Youtube) certificate and presenting me with 2 options: decline ou allow it to continue. I selected decline, since I don't know what I'm dealing with, and now the app doesn't work, anymore, again...

I'm trying to avoid a Smart Hub reset.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Where did you purchase your TV from, @Rick17? I'm unable to see any details on our UK website. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Rick17  A quick search  displayed this model as portugese , if this is the case  the latest Firmware 1262 available from their support site https://www.samsung.com/pt/support/model/UE32M5505AKXXC/     If otherwise you can let us know.

if issue not solved it may well be necessary to do resets and possibly contact support.

You Tube forum has a few posts detailing a similar experiences  recently :

https://productforums.google.com/forum

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Me_1234-
First Poster
Options

What can I do,how it will be work my Samsung TV to connect the YouTube 

0 Likes
Iggy73
Apprentice
Options

My samsung smarttv model UE40H6400 no longer allows me to access YouTube, it just goes blackscreen,also if i try to screen mirror from YouTube  on my samsung fone,it only plays audio on the tv and no plicture??

Iggy73
Apprentice
Options
I have same problem with my ue40h6400,just stopped working today
Iggy73
Apprentice
Options
I have same problem, ive tried resetting the smarthub to and no success,tried software updates but says no new updates available sofware versions is T-MST14DEUC-2900.0,BT-S/G
0 Likes
Mark1000and1
Apprentice
Options

I have two identical 2014 (H model) Samsung TVs, bought at the same time Today one stopped working with Youtube, the other is still working. Other people on this forum also have H model Samsungs reporting that Youtube has stopped workiing. I know 2012 models have issues with Youtube, but why is this happening to 2014 models?

0 Likes