Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Youtube app - Asks for session or code

(Topic created on: 24-11-2018 04:36 PM)
Rick17
Explorer
Options

Hello.
I'm having a problem with the Youtube app in my Smart TV. When I try to open a video, a screen appears saying that I have to start a session through the Youtube app for mobile devices. The alternative option given is to start a session with a Google account and insert a code. It doesn't happen with all the videos, just with some, but it doesn't have anything to do with Youtube videos that are not considered appropriate for underaged (for those, it has always been like that).

Well, I  have been using this app for 1 year and half (since I bought the TV) and I have never used it with a Youtube or Google or whatever account, and I don't want to start now. Is there any solution to this issue?

Really, when something is working fine, they always have to complicate things...

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rick17
Explorer
Options

I tried to open the videos on Youtube in my computer and I now understand why the app asked me to sign in: although the videos I was trying to see are about the First World War they are, in fact, not considered appropriate for underaged users, so, as it always was on Youtube, they ask the user to sign in.

So I guess the problem is solved, because there was no problem in the first place :smiling-face:

I would delete the post, if I could...

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
Rick17
Explorer
Options

I tried to open the videos on Youtube in my computer and I now understand why the app asked me to sign in: although the videos I was trying to see are about the First World War they are, in fact, not considered appropriate for underaged users, so, as it always was on Youtube, they ask the user to sign in.

So I guess the problem is solved, because there was no problem in the first place :smiling-face:

I would delete the post, if I could...