Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

YouTube on Samsung UE40KU6400

(Topic created on: 11-07-2017 05:45 PM)
JimC
Journeyman
Options

I'm having issues with YouTube on my Samsung smart tv (I bought it last February). The tv required an update last week, which I duly installed. Since then, YouTube isn't responding to either remote control, so I re-installed it.

Everything then seemed fine until the next time I wanted to use YouTube and the problem had returned. Re-installing seems to cure things on a one time basis.

Is this a known issue, and if so, is there anything I can do to rectify matters?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

21 REPLIES 21
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @JimC,

What software version is your TV running on? Go to: Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. Are all other apps working okay? Are you receiving any error messages?

0 Likes
JimC
Journeyman
Options

Hi @kellym,

My software version is T-JZMDEUC- 1180.5

YouTube is Vn. 2.1.407

I get no error messages. I can navigate across the category bar (Recommended Music Comedy etc.) but if I try to move around the area with the thumbnail and title, it sticks on the first item and won't scroll through the videos. All I can do is move back up to the category bar and up again to the search box. The search function does appear to work.

A re-install resets everything, but if I leave YouTube and come back, the problem is back again.

Cheers,

Jim

Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @JimC.

Have you tried resetting the Smart Hub? Go to Home > Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub. Let us know wow you get on.

JimC
Journeyman
Options

Hi Chris,

Just tried a reset and (fingers crossed) it seems to have worked. Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Jim

0 Likes
JimC
Journeyman
Options
Sad to say that the problem is back after a few hours. I may try another reset later.
0 Likes
markt
Journeyman
Options
hi..i have the same issue on my 49ks8000
i keep the back button pressed on the remote to force close the app and most of the time this works.
sometimes i have to power the tv down,unplug it and reboot after a minute or so if remote trick doesnt work.
not sure if its a samsung problem or youtube ? but neither will give a fix or help im guessing. i was told to reset the tv every time it did it but why should we? its a software issue that needs resolving but by who?
0 Likes
silampoli
First Poster
Options

How to install youtube in my samsung tv

0 Likes
JimC
Journeyman
Options

Totally agree that doing a reset each time you want to access YouTube is unacceptable. Means having to re-enter Amazon Prime and Netflix log ins too. Samsung don't seem interested at all so I shan't be buying Samsung again. For me, re-installing YouTube seems to be the way to make the best of a bad job.

0 Likes
markt
Journeyman
Options
get the smart hub on screen,go to the apps menu selection,highlight youtube dont press the select button....hold it down for a few seconds and a menu will appear asking if you want to move,view details or re install. thats the procedure on my t.v.
0 Likes