Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube 4K

(Topic created on: 28-12-2016 12:13 PM)
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options

Some people, like myself may have experienced issues with 4K content on their 4K TVs on the YouTube app. I have the KU6400 and the recent update brought HDR to the YouTube app. Though 4K content is available on YouTube it only seems to play in 1080p. Apparently this has to do with Internet speeds. You have to be receiving 25MB speeds to be able to watch 4K on YouTube. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
31 REPLIES 31
AlanP
First Poster
Options

As per fast.com my download speed is 91mbps

0 Likes
DynaimcComputer
First Poster
Options

i have mu8000 bought 3 months ago. i have same issue youtube work on very low quilty. if i use my Roku youbube app it work great even 4k. but samsung youtube app has somekind issue. please help if anyone know anything. 

0 Likes
Solution
Safariman
Journeyman
Options

I think the TVs WiFi reception is poor because nothing I did worked when trying to use it on WiFi so I ran a cat6 Ethernet cable directly from my router to the TV and it fixed the problem I now get full Wi-fi speed at the TV. Cable is very cheap if you can go that route. Hope this has helped.

TV-Audio-Video1
First Poster
Options

Samsung series 2, januar 2017.  TV is 2 meters from my Netgear Orbi Main box.  500 Mbps  Internett. Download speed on iphone 450mbps 4m from router.    Wifi in my Home is not the problem. Netflix app om TV is great with 4K via wifi. YouTube is not.  

0 Likes
RocknRobert
Student
Options

It seems if you connected the cable directly to your tv, then you are no longer using wi-fi???

0 Likes
rmesquita
First Poster
Options

This is not a problem of speed Internet, this a problem of youtube, dont run 4K on samsung TV's and Apple Tv 4K.

0 Likes
messistena
First Poster
Options

Hi, hope your well. This is the exact problem i'm having with my Samsung. Its not playing YouTube videos on 4k. Can you please help me what do I do? My internet speed is great im received around 170mbps. Do I change the ethernet cable to cat8 manbey? 

0 Likes
Metalheadtec
Apprentice
Options

Hi, Its the app some use safari   new TV's use musem its the software,

Safariman
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the info will give it a try later

0 Likes
Lunabel
Apprentice
Options

The TVs WiFi reception is not poor, if you check a YouTube video with a 1080p resolution and enable "stats for nerds". At least in my case on the "connection speed" it shows 50+Mbps and on the "buffer health" it shows +60 seconds. But when I change it to 4k, everything stops, connection speed goes to 0, buffer health goes to 0, network activity goes to 0.

The last Samsung firmware broke the YouTube app, I have zero issues with Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video.