Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube 4K

(Topic created on: 28-12-2016 12:13 PM)
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options

Some people, like myself may have experienced issues with 4K content on their 4K TVs on the YouTube app. I have the KU6400 and the recent update brought HDR to the YouTube app. Though 4K content is available on YouTube it only seems to play in 1080p. Apparently this has to do with Internet speeds. You have to be receiving 25MB speeds to be able to watch 4K on YouTube. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Safariman
Journeyman
Options

I think the TVs WiFi reception is poor because nothing I did worked when trying to use it on WiFi so I ran a cat6 Ethernet cable directly from my router to the TV and it fixed the problem I now get full Wi-fi speed at the TV. Cable is very cheap if you can go that route. Hope this has helped.

View solution in context

31 REPLIES 31
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Hi MHJ!

Thanks for posting. The UE**KU6400 supports Standard HDR. Is the app fully up to date? What's your internet speed? 

EmmaS

0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
HDR works fine, I'm only getting 7.0mb WiFi download speeds. It's 4K on YouTube that's difficult to get.
0 Likes
EmmaS
Pathfinder
Options

Is the app up to date? Press and hold the Select button when the app is highlighted on the Smart Hub screen. 

0 Likes
oto
Pioneer
Options
Better use Ethernet cable, Wifi is unreliable for video streaming.
0 Likes
Safariman
Journeyman
Options

Im have the same problem in fact still waiting for a email reply from Samsung, youtube 4k videos only work occasionally and my wifi is more than 50mbs download speed but much less than 20 at the tv so I have pluged in a TP-Link extender only rated at 300mps but I immediately received 4k.

I believe that the wifi receiver built in to the TV is of poor quality as it cant seem to receive the correct amount of internet.

0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Yeah, I have a problem with my WiFi booster. Most of the time it's not emitting the full 50mb it's supposed to, even the ethernet cable isn't reliable. I need to speak to my ISP. But I'm glad it's worked out for you. It's supposed to work for everyone
0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Yes, everything is up to date. It's a connection problem. And it doesn't say anyway on the YouTube app that 25MB is required to stream 4K
0 Likes
Safariman
Journeyman
Options
I have run speed test on my iphone 6S Plus and can receive more than 50mb download in the same position as the TV but that only receives a lot less than 20mb so I believe that the TV wifi card is either not working correctly or simply outdated Ill post more when Samsung get back to me about it.
0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
It's odd that you mentioned that because my phone connects and works well with any WiFi connection, from the extended booster or from the actual hub. I connected my TV to the original hub and though the connection is weaker in terms of signal it's streaming full HD without buffering. Which is what it's been struggling with on the boosters ethernet connection. Hopefully Samsung will have a clearer answer to this.
0 Likes