Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox and PS4 no visual on Q90

(Topic created on: 16-01-2020 10:51 PM)
SpinEz
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue I'm now having since the last update. It might (hopefully) be an easy fix. I have my Xbox one X and PS4 in HDMI ports one and two, but when I switch them on now the tv recognises that either one has been switched on, switches the tv to the correct source for the console but the video feed doesn't show. I can hear the audio from the source i.e moving the controller left and right and hearing various home screen sounds but the screen just stays on the default Q90 light blue screen.

I'm using HDMI 2.0 cables and haven't had this issue before the update. The only way I can get the consoles to show is to unplug the one box tv feed cable and plug it back in, switching to an app or to another source doesn't resolve the issue.

Thanks for any help.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @SpinEz 

Could we take the full model code and software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV. 

0 Likes
SpinEz
First Poster
Options

Hi @ChrisM

Thanks for getting back to me. 

The model code is QE55Q90RATXXU

Software version T-MSMDEUC-1335.0 , B6970101/070204, BT-S

The Xbox doesn't show, I can hear the Xbox audio but no video feed.The Xbox doesn't show, I can hear the Xbox audio but no video feed.

0 Likes
SpinEz
First Poster
Options
Any ideas yet?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@SpinEz: Do you have access to another HDMI cable that you can try to see if the issue persists? On the Xbox itself, go to Settings > TV & One Guide > Device Control > Power > Device Power Options > TV > When Xbox Turns On, Send > On. Does this resolve your issue?
0 Likes