Support

Open search

Where is the infrared remote sensor located in the One Connect box of the QLED 2019 TVs?

Apprentice

I'd like to use my sonos sytem with the remote of my 2019 QLED Sonos TV to adjust the volume of the TV set.

The one connect box is place in a wooden drawer of my furniture. Unfortunately it seems that the Infrared signal is not well received by the One Connect box. So I can only turn up/down volume when I am very close by the One connect box (less then 1 meter).
Can you please tell me where exactly in the OCbox the sensor is located? - And if there is any planning to sell a (cable based mini-remote sensor) to avoid this problem.

Is there any other other idea how to solve this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM Moderator

Hi @UPafus 

It sounds like the answer to your problem may be an IR Extender cable. Have a look at this useful link from our friends in India.

Apprentice
Thank you very much for the fast reply. Problem is that this remote ir extender is for older TV sets. I do not know if it is or how to connect it to the one connect box of my 2019 QLED TVs.
ChrisM Moderator

Good point. There was certainly an IR out port on last years model. Have a look here.

Apprentice
Honestly I can not find this port on the 2018 OCB. Where did you see it? And where is the port list for 2019? I have a bad feeling 😎😢
Highlighted

Again the question, "Where is the IR sensor located in the 2019 One Connect box"?

The IR extention port is not an option on the 2019 model.

My one connect box is locaed on the other side of the wall to the TV screen and my sonos playbar is located under the TV.

No line of sight from the One connect box to the IR on the Sonos.

Obviously the IR signal does not come from the Samsung remote.

Cheers to the one that can come up with a solution

Observer

Same issue here. Anyone can help and let us know where to find the IR sensor on the One Connect Box? 

Top Liked Authors