Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When are we going to get SmartThings Tizen app for our TVs?

(Topic created on: 27-09-2017 11:34 AM)
Tezz
Voyager
Options

I've got a KS9500 UK and we was surposed to get a SmartThings Extend dongle.

But it is not coming out now. So are we going to get Tizen SmartThings app for our TV?

Thanks

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27
Tezz
Voyager
Options
The silence is deafening.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @Tezz.

Apologies for the delay in reply but we've spoken to several people about this for you guys and now have a final reply. The official statement on this is:

"We're sorry for the delay. The Samsung SmartThings Extend is currently in a closed beta program and we don't have any further updates at this time. We will continue to pass on your interest in this feature to the appropriate Samsung contacts."

(Edited: 23.10.17)

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS Thank you.

So the USA has the app but us poor people in the EU can't! yes the smartthings app is on

samsungs own TV app store site in the USA.

So what about smartthing extend? when are we going to get that?

I bought this TV for this reason(smartthings extend)

This was(still is) on show on J Lewis site 

https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/samsung/smart-tv/c9601000048?rdr=1

"Create the perfect entertainment experience by turning your TV into the brain of your smart home with Samsung SmartThings Extend"

It's also on on all the retailers sites that sell the TV.(I have saved the webpages off just in case)

If we are not going to get it then this is a miss sold product and I want a full refund.

I have talked to CAB(citizens advice bureau) and my local MP and MEP and they back up what I say.

If any other Samsung KS tv users are looking in, maybe you would like a full refund?

I hope this doen't take another two weeks.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS

still nothing from support by email. It's getting silly now.

Looks like going to court.

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@AntS

Still no help or word from Tech. What's going on?

0 Likes
SteveV1
First Poster
Options

I totally agree, I too bought the KS9000 mainly because of its SmarthThings link as no other TV seemed to offer it. Its been over a year since I got my TV and there is no sign of it. I then see the Nividia Shield get the Smartthings Link (https://shop.smartthings.com/smartthings-link) which just rubs salt into the wounds. Come on Samsung/Smartthings, get your act together, start engaging with your customers and let us know what is happening. If you have no intention of every releasing this then we have defiantly been miss-sold.

Tezz
Voyager
Options

@SteveV1 wrote:

I totally agree, I too bought the KS9000 mainly because of its SmarthThings link as no other TV seemed to offer it. Its been over a year since I got my TV and there is no sign of it. I then see the Nividia Shield get the Smartthings Link (https://shop.smartthings.com/smartthings-link) which just rubs salt into the wounds. Come on Samsung/Smartthings, get your act together, start engaging with your customers and let us know what is happening. If you have no intention of every releasing this then we have defiantly been miss-sold.

That's a great find dude. I was going to pre-order one but if samsung doesn't update the TVs

firmware it would be useless.

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

@@BBCWatchdog @CitizensAdvice  @smartthings  #TeamJunckerEU  @EU_Commission

So another day and nothing from anyone here and no email from smartthings.

Samsung support has been no help what so ever. A promised email has never arrived.

I want my money back as I and others have been mis-sold a samsung product.

@@BBCWatchdog @CitizensAdvice  @smartthings  #TeamJunckerEU  @EU_Commission

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options

And still no reply from people here or smartthings. Don't buy samsung products.

0 Likes
Tezz
Voyager
Options
3 weeks and still no reply from support other then a email from Fiona saying "thank you your interest" WTF is going on?
0 Likes