Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What does a blinking standby led on a UE32M5620?

(Topic created on: 21-05-2018 09:08 PM)
marigo
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

I recently bought a UE32M5620 for my daughters bedroom. She is all happy with it, but there is a standby led which is blinking all the time when the tv is in standby mode. Normally it stays solid red.

I have looked into the manual but nothing about a blinking led.

Can anyone explain why the led is blinking? And maybe, how to turn it off without pulling the plug? :smiling-face:

Thank you.

UE32M5620

0 Likes

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
marigo
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for the late reply. (had vacation, etc)
It is the Chromecast which is causing the blinking led. When I disconnect it and the TV goes to standby mode, there is a steady standby led; no more blinking.

When I plugin the Chromecast and put the TV to standby, the led is blinking again. I can reproduce it.

I guess it can't harm the TV....?

View solution in context

Solution
CarlH
Options
Solution
Tdon_2013
Student
Options

I had the exact same problem! But I solved it. I had originally connected my Chromecast to a separate outlet; instead I connect the power supply to the TVs usb port, and the flashing stopped. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @marigo.

Speaking of pulling the plug, have you tried this and then left the TV off for a few minutes, before plugging back in again?

0 Likes
marigo
Apprentice
Options

Hi ChrisM,

I have tried your solution, pulled the plug and left it for a while, reinserted the plug but it started again.

Somewhere I have red that some tv's are searching for new channels on the DVB-C cable. Could this has something to do with the blinking standby led?

The tv works good as fas as I know, but it's so anoying.

0 Likes
KateS
Journeyman
Options

Are there any other devices connected to the TV (games console, set top box, etc.), Marigo? It could be another device interfering. If there are, please unplug them to see whether the issue still occurs. 

0 Likes
marigo
Apprentice
Options

There is a Chromecast and a usb stick connected. I could try this, but I think this is not the case.

I think it's someting with "instant on" or something like that, but I can't find that function to turn it off.

The Tv also starts up in a flash. I think it's not going into deep standby or sleep. When turned on it's directly on. Compared to my samsung UE40C8000 serie it's sort of booting when starting up from standby.

Will let you know what is does with all devices disconnected.

0 Likes
Solution
marigo
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for the late reply. (had vacation, etc)
It is the Chromecast which is causing the blinking led. When I disconnect it and the TV goes to standby mode, there is a steady standby led; no more blinking.

When I plugin the Chromecast and put the TV to standby, the led is blinking again. I can reproduce it.

I guess it can't harm the TV....?

Solution
CarlH
Options

There won't be a problem leaving it connected, @marigo

Solution
Tdon_2013
Student
Options

I had the exact same problem! But I solved it. I had originally connected my Chromecast to a separate outlet; instead I connect the power supply to the TVs usb port, and the flashing stopped. 

0 Likes
marigo
Apprentice
Options

Hi Tdon_2013,

I can confirm that your solution solved my problem. Thank you for posting!!

Take care!

0 Likes