Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web browser

(Topic created on: 20-11-2018 11:16 PM)
Loz55
Apprentice
Options

Hi I have a samsung tv with smart hub, when I’m on the smart hub there is no web browser option , so I have no idea how to get on the internet, the tv is set up for internet.

Any advice please

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Loz55
Apprentice
Options

Hi think I’ve just found the answer anyway, I think my tv is too old and doesn’t have the web browser anymore :thinking-face:

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Loz55,  can you provide   your model no?      The internet Browser should be an app on the Smart  Hub logically   named Internet and  we can check if it is still supported, ensure you have the latest firmware and you may  need to do a Smart Hub Reset.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Loz55
Apprentice
Options

Hi the tv model id88DF7222-9AD3-42A0-B376-D8C7CC27E6BB.jpeg

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Loz55,  the UE40D5520  appears to be a 2011 model though from a few articles i've come across  seems that your earlier inclination is correct in the sense of it not being supported,though had a 2012 set which did have this feature.    The Tv  can access the internet for apps and On Demand services but there is no Web Browser. Not sure if you've used internet services on it much but  you do need a  LAN adapter if you wish to use a wireless connection. https://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/televisions/plasma-and-lcd-tvs/samsung-ue40d5520-1020...

I've tracked down the manual, though saying no longer available on Samsung support.   http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/97/ef/97ef2a18-678c-44e9-b385-71c7720d2000.pdf   (wireless info on page 99)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Loz55
Apprentice
Options

Hi and thank you for taking the time to look for me

I have my tv connected to my router but no idea how to get on the internet with no web browser or can I not get on now with this model? 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Loz55,  You would be able to access sites via some external devices.  If you do not have X Box or Play station, may be more suitable via Fire stick (though not quite same functionality as PC with many systems) Think only a limited number of Blu Ray players have browser    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-browser-amazon-fire-tv-stick/  

Loz55
Apprentice
Options

Hi again

Thank you for all your advice :smiling-face:

will look into purchasing a firestick🙂

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Loz55 wrote:

Hi again

Thank you for all your advice :smiling-face:

will look into purchasing a firestick🙂

No problem @Loz55, hopefully you are sorted soon.

0 Likes
Zaur
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have problem with my Samsung tv. Internet on my tv is connected but browser doesn’t work. What can I do?(

0 Likes