Support

Open search

WIFI connectivity for non smart tv

First Poster

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this enquiry. I have no ‘tech’ experience and the reason for this post
I have a Samsung TV, model number UE22H5000AWXXC, and would like to enable it for internet access via my router as Smart TVs are a bit out of my price my being a pensioner with limited income.
I have found a Bluesees USB TV Wireless Wi-Fi Adapter, 802.11a/b/g/n2.4GHz -5GHz 300M Wireless Network USB WLAN LAN Adapter for Samsung Smart TV WIS12ABGNX WIS09ABGN on Amazon UK but a comment made is that a customer has found this compatible with Samsung model UE22H5000.
Is it possible for anyone to advise me that this this adapter 1. Will function on my model 2. Will I need a firmware upgrade and 3. Will I need a separate remote control to navigate ‘on-screen’ or will my existing remote suffice.
Additionally, after connecting to my network will I be able browse the web as a ‘stand-alone’ function without the need to have my laptop turned on as with Screen Mirroring or HDMI connection and if so again will I need a separate remote.
I hope you can help as I am a bit of a ‘deaf-mute’ when it comes to this sort of thing. BRAINT

Top Liked Authors