Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI connectivity for non smart tv

(Topic created on: 17-06-2019 05:07 PM)
BRAINT
First Poster
Options

Hi, I hope someone can help me with this enquiry. I have no ‘tech’ experience and the reason for this post
I have a Samsung TV, model number UE22H5000AWXXC, and would like to enable it for internet access via my router as Smart TVs are a bit out of my price my being a pensioner with limited income.
I have found a Bluesees USB TV Wireless Wi-Fi Adapter, 802.11a/b/g/n2.4GHz -5GHz 300M Wireless Network USB WLAN LAN Adapter for Samsung Smart TV WIS12ABGNX WIS09ABGN on Amazon UK but a comment made is that a customer has found this compatible with Samsung model UE22H5000.
Is it possible for anyone to advise me that this this adapter 1. Will function on my model 2. Will I need a firmware upgrade and 3. Will I need a separate remote control to navigate ‘on-screen’ or will my existing remote suffice.
Additionally, after connecting to my network will I be able browse the web as a ‘stand-alone’ function without the need to have my laptop turned on as with Screen Mirroring or HDMI connection and if so again will I need a separate remote.
I hope you can help as I am a bit of a ‘deaf-mute’ when it comes to this sort of thing. BRAINT

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
GOP114
First Poster
Options

Almost a year and No Reply from Samsung? I came across this in search of the same question (diff model TV however). Please update with some kind of answer. My question is exactly the same as the "subjet" of this post.

thank You

0 Likes
BRAINT
First Poster
Options

Hi GOP114

Correct - no reply to my previous post on all points re connectivity anf function so cnnot help you I.m afraid.

Doesn`t say much for Samsung Support but i hope you have better success.

I have since purchased an Huwaei with Smart function at a very resonable price euros 200 or so and with luck I will have more success with Conn. and Func.

Rgds

BRAINT

0 Likes