Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1290.4 - What does it improve on the Q9FN screen?

(Topic created on: 04-12-2019 08:32 AM)
kjkjk32
Pioneer
Options

Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1290.4 - What does it improve on the Q9FN screen ?
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE65Q9FNATXXU/#downloads

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
dp8
Apprentice
Options

I had the update and my q9fn picture seems to have downgraded.  The brightness of the picture has gone. Before the update it was brilliant. 

kjkjk32
Pioneer
Options

You're right the brightness of the screen went down

Nothing good happened to the picture
But a 60-second message to close the screen is gone

And still no eARC

Masq
Navigator
Options

I have the Q8FN and updated today. Immediately noticed the brightness decrease as well. It's absurd. Not sure about Q9FN, but this update definitely screwed up Local Dimming with Game Mode on as well. It's absolutely atrocious now.

FIX THIS SAMSUNG!!!

dp8
Apprentice
Options

Going to keep an eye on it over the next week or so. It's just when going through the menus you could see the brightness of the picture. It's just sdr is not as bright as it was on normal tv. Going to try messing with the settings a bit.

Masq
Navigator
Options
I had to turn the backlight up to 45-50 (max) to get the same picture quality as before updating. Before updating, when gaming, backlight was set to 30. Everything was vibrant and colors absolutely popped off screen.

To get that now, has to be set to nearly max. Also, my big complaint is that the colors aren’t as good now (unless turning the backlight way up, and that still doesn’t fix it 100%)

This update has downgraded picture quality. Wow, and right before Xmas too. I don’t believe in coincidences, I think they want to sell new TVs to people who don’t know any better.
caboomgr
Pioneer
Options
Klamath
Apprentice
Options

I have managed to increase from 55 to 75 the Caption Brightness in the service menu of the TV and now it Looks better, but still not as it was in 1270. Something else was modified, that's for sure. At least i have the brightness back, but this is not an experience i want to repeat. Sorry Samsung...

clown6
Student
Options

I had a bad image in HDR mode after update to 1290.4 - blurred, dark and bad colors. I've made factory reset in the service menu and picture quality now is good like was before the update on fw 1270.
I think that after the update to 1290.4 HDR mode did not work although it was turned on.

I have 55NU8000

0 Likes
MrAngry
First Poster
Options

This is definitely not an upgrade 1290.4 SuCKS, picture is really, really bad and colours are off,skin tone bad, less detail, fuzzy, very dark in dark scenes and less depth also. The previous update was much better, so what the hell? 

#Q8FN

SAMSUNG FIX THIS DISASTER!