Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal remote with Virgin Media

(Topic created on: 18-06-2018 02:08 PM)
BaldTony
First Poster
Options

A couple of days ago I bought a snazzy QLED tv.  Lovely picture btw.  I was also very impressed that without any effort from me, both remotes recognised the Virgin Media V6 box, and would change channels on it quite happily.  So I had both Samsung remotes and both Virgin remotes changing volume and cable channels.  The Samsung Universal remote would also get up the cable channels guide using either the Guide button or the Ch List button.  Good stuff.  I made a mental note to see what else it could do at some later point.

Yesterday I plumbed in my trusty Yamaha sound bar.  Taught it the on/off and volume signals, and at that point I thought all was well.  Went off to do a few chores (the wife won’t let me watch tv all the time) and when I came back I found that the cable channel changing no longer worked.

Does anybody have any idea what I did wrong, and what I can do to get the Universal Remote working with the V6 box again?

A clue:  at some point I had tried a few of the other buttons on the Universal Remote, hoping to find they performed some useful function on the V6 box.  One attempt resulted in ghostly grey rectangles flickering down the right hand side of the tv screen, displaying (I think) the Virgin channels.  I don’t think the channel switching worked after that.

All help gratefully received.

Tony

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

did u manage to turn the V6 box to standby with the universal remote?

0 Likes
Kles
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
Kles
First Poster
Options

I had same experience with a universal remote......but I had to switch off one before operating the other......but it was controlling a sky receiver and my TV. 

0 Likes
Stephen12345678
First Poster
Options
Did you ever get a solution to this as i set up my new TV and Virgin Media box. they work fine but then stopped. Nothing happens when i try and change channel. I changed the HDMI cable and used a different socket but the same thing. I tried to re setup everything and it didn't work.
0 Likes
robigouk
First Poster
Options

Hi

did anybody manage to get this working.  I've had my Samsung tv since Xmas and it originally worked but only stopped recently - perhaps a Virgin V6 box software upgrade has messed this up?

0 Likes