Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB issues

(Topic created on: 16-05-2019 05:50 AM)
ZaydokJ
Student
Options

I have recently updated to a Samsung TV (QE65Q7FNAT) from a UE48JU6400. It appears I am unable to play video files from a USB memory stick on this new TV, however, I WAS able to play the same files on this USB on the previous UE48JU6400 model.

I find it strange how I cannot play these files. I would have thought that I would still be able to play these files on the new TV.
I’d be grateful if anyone can help me out on this matter.

Many thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ZaydokJ wrote:

I have recently updated to a Samsung TV (QE65Q7FNAT) from a UE48JU6400. It appears I am unable to play video files from a USB memory stick on this new TV, however, I WAS able to play the same files on this USB on the previous UE48JU6400 model.

I find it strange how I cannot play these files. I would have thought that I would still be able to play these files on the new TV.
I’d be grateful if anyone can help me out on this matter.

Many thanks. 

You finding like other owners who updated their Samsung TV's. Samsung have dropped AVI and DTS support, so that is the reason why they will no longer play. You will need another media player, or blue ray player now. Bit of a backwards step. 

Paul

0 Likes
ZaydokJ
Student
Options

Thanks for your reply Paul and for making me aware it’s not just a problem for myself. As you say, it’s a very backward step. I can’t deny I find myself taking offence at this change by Samsung. I spent a good deal of money for this TV and I checked before buying to make sure it played certain files and AVI was one of them. Am I right in thinking this change occurred as a result of the latest firmware update? 

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@ZaydokJ wrote:

Thanks for your reply Paul and for making me aware it’s not just a problem for myself. As you say, it’s a very backward step. I can’t deny I find myself taking offence at this change by Samsung. I spent a good deal of money for this TV and I checked before buying to make sure it played certain files and AVI was one of them. Am I right in thinking this change occurred as a result of the latest firmware update? 

No it's not firmware but part of the 2018 and I think 2017 models. I am pretty sure there is no fix, as it is part of the tv specs, in small print if you check. They never advertised the removal of these features. I think it's because most people use either blue ray or Netflix  Amazon where you do not need AVI or DTS. It's a penny pinching exercise. 

Paul

0 Likes