Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[UPDATED firmware v1251.0] QLED (2018 models) real world experience (firmware v1202.3)

(Topic created on: 08-02-2019 10:19 AM)
Mirko_Brand
Pioneer
Options

Hi,

I want to report a couple of bugs that are unacceptable for a "smart tv", especially the QLED *premium* model ones.

First of all, smart hub is utterly unusable and sporaddic!

As a CENTRAL menu that operates almost EVERYTHING we users use day-to-day in the TV, it HAS TO work 100% of the times, with NO exceptions.

Smart Hub bugs:

Not showing up at all when starting up the TV (as a rule this can be reproduced without a problem when starting from sleep mode):

- The only button that reacts is the useless ambient mode, which I guess is a seperate feature / service so, it has no problems starting up...

- The only option we than have is to use a soft shutdown (click the power button), force restart (hold the power button until the TV boots normally with the QLED logo), and the third option, which should not even be an option, hard shutdown (pull the power cord). Here even the shutdown "animation" does not show when using a soft shutdown (sleep mode)

Finally showing up after the N-th time of turning off and on the TV:

- When it does show up, and we try to open an app (i.e. Youtube, Netflix, Plex, ... ALL essential apps for a TV that advertises itself as smart) it is uncapable of connecting to the network. Am I supposed to watch content in offline mode in these apps? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

- Again we need to: exit the application (either normaly, or forcefully by holding the back button), and reenter the application for it to work.

It seams nothing on this TV works from the first try...

And these faults are just an appetizer, to see if anyone will even respond and acknowledge the feedback from the people WHO ACTUALLY BOUGHT this ***** thing.

I know it's becoming a trend in big corporations to use the end users as Quality Assurance testers, but at least listen to them then... It CANNOT BE POSSIBLE that noone at Samsung did not detect these issues. A quick google search will tell you I'm not the only one having these issues.

Solutions :face-with-tears-of-joy: / workarounds such as:

- Reset Smart Hub

- Enter manual IP and DNS addresses

- Similar nonsense, not my job hints

are not VALID, should not and will not be considered.

By the way firmware version 1153 has the same faults as v1202.3, and not only that, but the newer, more *stable* and *improved* 1202.3 does these faults more often :face-with-tears-of-joy:

If I had to propse a solution for a hotfix:

- Let us configure to disable the "fast boot" setting that appears to cause most of these issues

- In other words, stop making your TV act faster than it really is by caching states of applications at an expense of not having them work at all. In the end, for users that face the same issues as me, this behavior takes up more time than booting up normally anyway, as we have to do everything at least twice.

- Let users access and share the TV logs so that we could actually help with more specific information and errors generated by the TV

14 REPLIES 14
Naxxor
Explorer
Options

Does anyone perceived more banding with color grading since 1251?? I haven't notice that in 1203 but now its hard not to see it... and I already performed a factory reset but without changes... as an example I use to play a lot of BF1 and thebanding was never a thing to distract but now Its very noticeable.

I have the NU8000 by the way

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

What tv brand would you recommend 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

What tv brand would you recommend? 

0 Likes
Annicx
Journeyman
Options

Pretty much my experience. Shame this sort of thing isn't reported/checked in the magazines that praise these TVs...

0 Likes
Aron11
First Poster
Options

I can offer some general advice on how to address these types of problems:

1. Check for Firmware Updates: Ensure that your TV's firmware is up to date. Sometimes, manufacturers release updates to fix bugs and improve the performance of smart features. You may also want to check for any updates to the Smart Hub itself if that's an option.

2. Internet Connection: A stable and fast internet connection is crucial for the smooth operation of Smart Hub. Make sure your TV is connected to the internet and that your connection is stable.

3. Clear Cache: In some cases, accumulated cache data can lead to performance issues. Go to the settings or options menu on your TV, find the Smart Hub or Apps section, and clear the cache.

4. Reset Smart Hub: If the problems persist, you can try resetting the Smart Hub. This will remove all installed apps and reset the Smart Hub to its default settings. You can usually find this option in the TV's settings menu.

5. Contact Customer Support: If you've tried the above steps and the issues continue, it's advisable to contact the manufacturer's customer support or visit their official website for troubleshooting guides. They may be aware of specific issues and have solutions or updates available.

6. User Forums: You can also visit user forums or online communities specific to your TV model. Other users may have encountered similar issues and can offer guidance or workarounds.

Remember that your QLED TV is a complex piece of technology, and issues can arise from time to time. Manufacturers typically strive to address and resolve such issues through updates and support. Reporting the bugs to the manufacturer's customer support can also help them identify and fix these issues in future updates.

0 Likes