Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UN40M5300 Bitstream Dolby Digital 5.1 sound delay

(Topic created on: 10-11-2018 12:07 AM)
Chamo954
Student
Options

I recently bought a Soundbar that I have connected to my 40" M5300 TV via HDMI ARC. 

I know that the Soundbar supports Dolby Digital sound, but when I set my TV to 'HDMI Input Audio Format' to 'Bitstream' and the 'Digital Output Audio Format' to 'Dolby Digital' I get a very noticeable sound lag. Even though the Sound Delay option on the TV and the soundbar is set to "0".  

Is this an issue with the TV or something else?

Also, I've noticed that when I change the Input Audio Format to PCM and leave the Digital Output to Dolby Digital, it sounds fine BUT it doesn't sound as good as Bitstream.

Anyone know anything about this?

5 REPLIES 5
Mr_Hansen
First Poster
Options

THIS! I'm having exactly the same problem when using bitstream and Dolby Digital with my HW-M550 soundbar, connected to a Samsung 7 Series (with sound delay set to 0), which courses a delay compared to PCM.

Have you found a solution to the problem?

0 Likes
Chamo954
Student
Options

So I actually ended up giving up on trying to fix it and bought an LG 4K tv. Works perfectly! No delay 

0 Likes
Gilroy
First Poster
Options

I am having this issue too. TV is a NU7100 and soundbar is an HW-M360

0 Likes
Audio1
First Poster
Options

I no it's a bit late for all of you, that have sound bar but they are a bit of a con get yourself a A/V receive and good set of speakers from a audio shop not the rubbish try to sale you in Currys and you Will notice the improvement 1,000 Times a A/V unit about £400 center speaker £250 two floor standing £200 to £300 two side speakers £150 each two read speaker £100 the pair subwoofer £300 but you can  get Cambridge audio mini 12 for about £50 each just get a good subwoofer and central speakers and AV  unit

0 Likes
JasonFH
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my 65" MU8000 TV. Audio delay of over 1/10th of a second. Currently measuring 133ms! That's a HUGE and very noticeable delay. I have a nice receiver, Denon X3700H.

Both the TV and receiver are set to 0ms audio delay. This is using bitstream, DTS, Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital+ over either HDMI or Optical. Optical is slightly better by .033 ms. No way to set a video delay on these TVs, which could solve the problem.

I've also tried this with a Marantz 6014 receiver with the same problem. Would love to get a solution here. I've done a factory reset on both receiveres and the TV several times hoping that might possibly solve one of these issues. It does not.

Also tried "auto-lipsync" on both receivers. No change.

0 Likes