Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UN32m4500 Update your browser, this version will no longer be supported

(Topic created on: 24-03-2020 04:58 PM)
UN32M4500
Apprentice
Options

I have automatic updates turned on.   When surfing the internet I get the message in yellow background that this browser support is ending soon.  Auto update won't fix it.  Searching for "BROWSER" or "INTERNET" or "INTERNET BROESER" finds nothing. 

Samsung better not shut off my present web browser until they supply a new one.

Basic operability is merchantability.

HELP!

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @UN32M4500. Could we take the current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
UN32M4500
Apprentice
Options

The software version is:

T-KTSAKUC-1280.5

Model# UN32M4500AF

0 Likes
awr2527
Student
Options

It's the same on my Samsung Q6 Series tv as well. Facebook will no longer support Samsung's browser very soon, as I am sure many other sites and important functions soon won't support it either. Please Samsung, do something about this soon!!! There needs to be an update to the Samsung Browser app, a new Samsung Browser app, or the ability to use an alternative browser! I spent too much on this tv for this very important feature (web capabilities were one of the reasons I chose this TV) to no longer work!

0 Likes
UN32M4500
Apprentice
Options

I had a similar problem with a Sony streaming blue ray player. After 14 months it no longer supported You Tube, which was an advertised feature.   I will never buy another Sony product again.

Now Samsung is doing it to me too.  I bought the tv instead of a Roku Box as the old tv was getting long in the tooth and the Samsung was supposed to do You-Tube.

No more phones, appliances, electronics ever again from those two companies and my friends will also hear about this knife in the back.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@UN32M4500 wrote:

I have automatic updates turned on.   When surfing the internet I get the message in yellow background that this browser support is ending soon.  Auto update won't fix it.  Searching for "BROWSER" or "INTERNET" or "INTERNET BROESER" finds nothing. 

Samsung better not shut off my present web browser until they supply a new one.

Basic operability is merchantability.

HELP!

Hi UN32M4500! Curious to know if this still happening on different webpages for you.

awr2527
Student
Options
This is still happening to me on my Q6 series tv (2018) and tells me to change browsers or update my browser, and I can't do either option.
0 Likes