Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UHD not activating UE55HU8580QXZG

(Topic created on: 12-01-2019 12:06 PM)
Neilius
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

I just got a UHD box from my TV provider and it does not work. The message says that the TV does not support the required UHD protection.

I am using the cables that the TV provider gave so it is not the cables. I have also activated HDMI UHD colour(with cable unplugged). Anyone have any idea why this is still not working?

Software version is 1400 (no updates available,so assume that this is most recent for my tv)

Thanks, 

Neil

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Neilius wrote:

Hi there, 

I just got a UHD box from my TV provider and it does not work. The message says that the TV does not support the required UHD protection.

I am using the cables that the TV provider gave so it is not the cables. I have also activated HDMI UHD colour(with cable unplugged). Anyone have any idea why this is still not working?

Software version is 1400 (no updates available,so assume that this is most recent for my tv)

Thanks, 

Neil

Hi @Neilius, upon checking 1400 is the latest firmware on the Samsung site. However this is a 2014 model and only the MHL port can be used for UHD  output as the only one HDCP 2.2 compatible.  (the High Bandwidth Digital Copy protection)  It was only from around 2016 that all ports were suitable on UHD Tv's.   Therefore all you using the correct port and do you have UHD colour activated on this one.  Your specific model is not on this list but it was port 4 for the HU8500 and in any  case will be clearly labelled.   UHD Ports on TV's     I'm not sure on your provider ,are you based in Uk/Ireland and if so is it Sky/Virgin/BT. I would not rule  out it being your cable even If should be ok as provided with new Box.   Should be able to check guide online and if still issues may need to get back to them.  For instance on Sky there is an 8 bit and 10 bit setting or the Box can automaticaly find the best setting that works for your TV.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Neilius
Apprentice
Options

You are completely right. Thanks for your help!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Neilius, was changing the HDMI  port the solution or was anything to do with settings?  Just wish to check.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Neilius
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for the delayed response. It's port 4 nothing special needed.

Port 1-3 have the option to change the setting that's supposed to upgrade to hdmi 2. Port 4 not. I never tried this port as I assumed that this one was hdmi 1 only.

marcj6551
First Poster
Options

Good afternoon

Can anyone help me please.

I have just purchased a new UE55NU7021 which was working perfectly fine for the first few days through my SkyQ box but is now displaying the following message "this screen does  not support HDCP".  Sky are suggesting its the TV and not their hardware and i'm honestly a bit stressed out about it.

I have tried changing over the HDMI cables as I have others in the house, reset the TV twice and Sky box once and a number of soft reset options.

Can anyone please help?

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @marcj6551. Which HDMI port are you conecting your Sky box to on your TV? Is the software up to date? 

0 Likes
marcj6551
First Poster
Options

Good morning Carl

Tell me you are going to be my saviour?

Last night I did the following:

Ensured the software was up to date

Did a soft reset on both the TV and Sky Box (with the HDMI cables out)

Ensured both HDMI sockets were switched to UHD

Checked that the input was running on 10 bit

And restarted everything and it all worked perfectly for a couple of hours and i turned it off and on during this time.

Just before I went to bed, I went went to turn the TV off only to be greated with the same (this screen does not support HDCP) message.

Now its back to the same problem and all this was in HDMI 1.

What do you think Carl?

0 Likes
marcj6551
First Poster
Options
Also Carl, I did a software update and it suggested that there were no new updates to install but it said that the software version was 1240 I think certainly 1200 something.
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Thanks for the info, @marcj6551. Just checked and the latest version is 1260.8. If your TV isn't recognising there is an update available, and providing you have access to a computer and USB stick, it can be downloaded from this link. Once downloaded, insert the USB stick into your TV. Let me know how you get on with this. 

0 Likes