Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UHD not activating UE55HU8580QXZG

(Topic created on: 25-07-2019 02:55 PM)
Neilius
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

I just got a UHD box from my TV provider and it does not work. The message says that the TV does not support the required UHD protection.

I am using the cables that the TV provider gave so it is not the cables. I have also activated HDMI UHD colour(with cable unplugged). Anyone have any idea why this is still not working?

Software version is 1400 (no updates available,so assume that this is most recent for my tv)

Thanks, 

Neil

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
marcj6551
First Poster
Options
Thanks Carl

Hmmm it might have been 1260.8. I'll have a look tonight. this is a real nightmare I have to say and it seems like quite a common problem too looking through the various forums.

I'll try again tonight and thanks for the link.
0 Likes
marcj6551
First Poster
Options
Good Morning Carl

I have checked and my software is up to date. I have done a couple of soft resets since we last spoke and each time it creates a short fix but not for long.
I have spoken with Samsung and they have suggested that there is nothing wrong with the TV allegedly but there is still a connection issue even if there isn't a fault.

Do you have any suggestions? any help you can offer is gratefully received?
0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
marcj6551
First Poster
Options

Carl

I requested it but for some reason they were reluctant to excersize it.  I got the impression that the individual I was conversing with was inexperienced and unable to perform the session.

she was insistant that it was not the TV at fault.

I am screwed unless you can help?

0 Likes