Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55KU6020 Strange Mainboard Problem

(Topic created on: 08-03-2020 06:17 PM)
Timb0
First Poster
Options

Model number = UE55KU6020KXXU

I bought my TV about 3 years ago and have been on holiday leaving the TV on standby. When I came back it had developed a fault where it briefly turned on then off. There was no picture as I examined with a flashlight.  I felt confident enough to identify and swap boards.  The problem did not appear to be power board related but the mainboard. I ordered one and swapped it out which has resolved the issue with the set turning on and off. Instead now I get a screen requesting that I connect the set to a One Connect Box.

The serial number of the original faulty part was:

UE55KU6000KXZF PART BN94-10832D HVT3

The number of the replacement was

UE55KU6000KXXU PART BN94-10832D HVT3

The issue here is that UE55KU6020KXXU is not a television that natively needs to use a one connect box, there should be no reason that the board wants this part connected.

The TV will not display any kind of menu, I have both the normal remote and a service remote which should ideally access the service menu.

In all other respects the TV appears to be OK, the screen is undamaged, the power board is functioning correctly (I have also tested with another good power board and the outcome is the same).

As the replacement board is the same as the original it should have been flashed with the same basic firmware so the error doesn’t make any sense. I have checked on various other forums and no-one else seems to have experienced a similar problem.Strange motherboard problemStrange motherboard problem

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0