Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE55KS7000

(Topic created on: 23-05-2019 10:42 AM)
Simbo
Student
Options

I am a new owner of the above mentioned TV. I am experiencing a few 'issues' which I was hoping someone may be able to help me with. 

1. The TV doesn't remember input labels that I assign. After a period of time (it could be the next time I turn the TV off/on or it may be after a few days) it reverts to default. Anyone else get this? Know a solution?

2. Despite having HDMI CEC turned off the TV will automaticallly switch input when a device is turned on. This can be very annoying as I don't always want to switch to that input straight away. Common issue? Fix?

3. Game mode doesn't have separate settings for HDR / non-HDR. All other viewing modes do (movie, standard etc) so when in game mode and switching between HDR and non-HDR games I have to manually go into the settings and alter everything accordingly.

Would be great if someone else could comment if they are experiencing the same issues. 

What would also also be great is if a Samsung representative could pass these issues onto the team who deal with software / firmware updates.

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
Murcutio
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same issues with my TV.  Has anyone heard back from Samsung or have any suggestions on how to fix?  It's getting very boring setting up my external devices every time I turn my TV on!

RSebire
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for taking the time to start this thread.

i have a UE55KS7000U

and it is on firmware 1233

my at inputs constantly lose they’re assigned names, and I am also getting feed up with having to constantly rename everything.

Another thing I’m looking for is information on if this model is getting the new iTunes app.

my TVs App Store is rubbish, absolutely rubbish, tizen is *****, nobody develops for it.

i was hoping this model would at least get one decent app.

fingers crossed this model gets the iTunes app.

but the tv it self is infuriating to use and continually set up.

fingers crossed, because if we get that app, they will have to update the firmware by quiet a bit, and if they do, the tv App Store might actually get others trying tizen, and we might actually get some apps, other than the streaming apps there’s nothing but weirdo religious ***** on the store.

poor show Samsung, poor show

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@RSebire wrote:

Thank you for taking the time to start this thread.

i have a UE55KS7000U

and it is on firmware 1233

my at inputs constantly lose they’re assigned names, and I am also getting feed up with having to constantly rename everything.

Another thing I’m looking for is information on if this model is getting the new iTunes app.

my TVs App Store is rubbish, absolutely rubbish, tizen is *****, nobody develops for it.

i was hoping this model would at least get one decent app.

fingers crossed this model gets the iTunes app.

but the tv it self is infuriating to use and continually set up.

fingers crossed, because if we get that app, they will have to update the firmware by quiet a bit, and if they do, the tv App Store might actually get others trying tizen, and we might actually get some apps, other than the streaming apps there’s nothing but weirdo religious ***** on the store.

poor show Samsung, poor show

Have you seen the ks owners refund thread, and ks owners refund results thread? 

RSebire
Pioneer
Options

No I have not seen that thread.

And thank you very much for your prompt reply. Very kind of you.

I will go read those threads next.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@RSebire wrote:

No I have not seen that thread.

And thank you very much for your prompt reply. Very kind of you.

I will go read those threads next.

The kh owners refund is the main thread but runs into many pages, so a ks owners refund more info thread was started with just the relevant information and templates that people have used. 

There is a ks owners refund results thread showing everyone who have received full refunds. Today someone was told by Curry's they would get a full refund, for a ks series tv for misrepresentation. 

If it is useful, and you use the info all we ask us you spread the word. 

Thanks

RSebire
Pioneer
Options

Installed the new Firmware 1241 this week

Nothing new in the app store.

No Apple App

And TV+ has reinstalled itself yet again

What was the update about? Apart from reinstalling the TV  Plus back?

Anybody got a change log?

0 Likes