Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50NU7020W keeps resetting to factory settings after automatically updating to firmware 1292

(Topic created on: 15-03-2020 09:41 AM)
Tea9
First Poster
Options

Hello,

As stated in the title, my Samsung UE50NU7020W Smart TV has recently updated to firmware version 1292.

Nearly everytime we turn it off, it will not turn itself back on using the remote. Instead, we have to unplug the TV, wait for a few seconds, plug it back in, then turn it on.

At this point, 50% of the time it will just have reset itself to factory settings, which means having to input the WiFi password again, log back onto all the accounts (Netflix, Primevideos, etc).

I had spent a fair bit of time setting everything up, and having to log back on again every couple of days gets old quickly.

Please advise, as there are no updates available & I don't see a way to reset to the factory-shipped firmware.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
@Tea9: When you switch off the TV, does the standby light start flashing or is it constantly lit? If you switch the TV back on using the Power button on the TV itself, does the issue persist?

I can see that update 1292.1 is available to download on our website (Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1292.1 (MULTI LANGUAGE)) therefore, if possible, please download the update onto a USB stick via the link below, connect the device to your TV and go to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE50NU7020WXXN/
0 Likes
Tea9
First Poster
Options
The light is constantly lit.

I had tried to find the power button on the TV but for some reason couldn't.

I will try the update and see if the issue persists. Please note that the TV has become really really slow and sluggish.

I will report back in a few days, see if the software update works.
0 Likes