Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50F6670SBXXU Screen problem

(Topic created on: 03-10-2017 01:21 PM)
thomas851
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Yesterday I have experienced a strange behaviour of my tv. During watching white, horizontal stripes showed up, the picture froze, so did the tv. Then, it turned itself off and turn back on. After I can see horizontal lines across the screen, also, there is a white spot in the bottom right corner.

If this not enough, the more tv is on, said corner gets hot and there is a small, circular, black spot at the bottom of screen edge.

I have attched some photos.

Is there any one who experience similar thing whit his tv?

I would be much appreciated wiht any advise/solution. Thank you.20171003_113951.jpg20171003_114013.jpg20171003_120111.jpg

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
SteBar
First Poster
Options

I had a similar problem and when Samsung realised it was a potential public liability issue (i.e. very hot/fire/burn hazard) I got a very speedy response and TV screen replaced for free (TV just less than 4 years old).

TV was collected within 48 hours and returned within a week by a very excellent company called JS Associates.

0 Likes
Atunei
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue. But it has burnt my daughter's fingers

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Atunei.

I've sent you a private message.

Simon36
First Poster
Options
This problem has recently happened to my Samsung 49” ultra HD 4K television which is 28 months old. It became red hot to touch with a small white glow on the bottom right hand side of the screen. Then a dark thick vertical shadow appeared on the screen. Fearing this was a fire hazard I have not used the tv again since Friday . Samsung directed me to a service team in Manchester and said I’d be liable for the repair as it was no longer under warranty. I’m absolutely furious as it’s not an old television. They service team want me to deliver the television and charge £48 just to inspect it. I’ve emailed Samsung again but haven’t had a response. Surely this a manufacturing issue and something they should rectify ? I’m amazed there hasn’t been a product recall with all the incidents of now read about.
Any advice very welcome
Cheers
Simon
0 Likes
SteveCR
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,

Can anybody let me know how they got on regarding this issue? (A PM will be great if you dont want to post) I have received some helpful advice from one of the moderators about my UE50F66 which lost its display and began getting hot from the bottom corner of the surround. I'm usually not one to moan, but this has had very little use and could cause a thermal event.

Following the advice recived, I contacted Samsung customer service who took my details and put me in touch with 'Intergrated Systems'. They estimated the repair costs at £250-£350 for the screen and £115 for their engineer visit. (Totally not worth doing and not feasible with all the other outgoings)

My wife and I are both key workers, so don't watch a lot of television. The above issue happened 18 months ago, and I mananged to borrow a TV from the mother in law, with the intention to attempt a repair. Over the Christmas break i finally did a bit of research and discovered so many similar stories. I am disappointed by Samsung as there appears to be quite a number of units that have exhibited this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's strange that my 15 year old BMW had a recall for a potential fire hazard on the heater wiring and was quickly rectified by the manufacturer without cost.

Many Thanks

Steve

0 Likes
thomas851
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I spoke to Samsung Customer service and I have explained them the issue. Also told them this is the fire hazard, as this is a manufacturing fault and should not happen.

After long discussion, they have booked an engineer for me, who came in and replaced the whole screen free of charge.

Call Samsung again, if it is manufacturing fault, they need to fix it for free. If they refuse, tell them you will take it further. That is it.

Tell us how did you get on and good luck.

0 Likes