Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE50F6670SBXXU Screen problem

(Topic created on: 03-10-2017 03:13 PM)
thomas851
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Yesterday I have experienced a strange behaviour of my tv. During watching white, horizontal stripes showed up, the picture froze, so did the tv. Then, it turned itself off and turn back on. After I can see horizontal lines across the screen, also, there is a white spot in the bottom right corner.

If this not enough, the more tv is on, said corner gets hot and there is a small, circular, black spot at the bottom of screen edge.

I have attched some photos.

Is there any one who experience similar thing whit his tv?

I would be much appreciated wiht any advise/solution. Thank you.20171003_113951.jpg20171003_114013.jpg20171003_120111.jpg

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
AntS
Options

Hi @thomas851.

Does this happen across all sources and with all devices disconnected from the TV?

0 Likes
thomas851
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Yes, it does. That was my first thought but, it does not matter what source, the fault is still there.

It looks like backlit or led strio fault or something like that.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Might be best to get it checked out by an engineer - especially if it's starting to get hot in one area.

With it being an F series, my guess is that it'd be outside of its warranty now, and so you'd need to get in touch with your nearest Support Centre (UK here; Ireland here ) to arrange a home engineer visit. However, if you've had the TV for a year or less, if you give the Support team a call (UK; Ireland) they'll be able to sort out an engineer visit for you under the warranty.

0 Likes
thomas851
First Poster
Options

I spoken to Samsung support agent via chat and he advised the same.

The only problem is, the nearest authorized Samsung engineer is located nearly 30 miles from me and they will charge me not only for visit but, also for travel.

And if will turn out the costs are to high or tv is beyond repair I will spend money for nothing.

0 Likes
SteBar
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I have the same problem, although it is the bottom left corner that is so hot i burnt my fingers touching it.  Pretty sure if I had left it on it would have melted and could have started a fire.  A bit scary with young kids in the house.  Looking at the US community there have been hundreds of these complaints, doesn't seem like an isolated issue...

How do I get to talk to someone about this..?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @SteBar.

I've sent you a private message.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

We understand your concern @thomas851. Would it be worth giving them a call directly to discuss?

thomas851
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I had to take my tv to local repair shop as an authorised Samsung engineers are to far and I am out of their service area.

Now, the problem was/is the lcd panel has a mechanical burn in right bottom corner. The guy at repair shop said it is manufacuring fault and should not happen, especially this is a fire hazard and Samsung should do something about it, so I will be in contact with them today and I will see what they say.

I have attached some photos. Thanks.20171204_123956.jpg20171204_123946.jpg

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks for getting back to us @thomas851.

Can you let us know how you get on?

0 Likes