Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE49MU6100 firmware update questions

(Topic created on: 27-09-2019 05:27 PM)
ditikos
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am having a 49" MU6100 model, and the firmware is 1270.3 (Greece model)

Lately I cannot see streaming websites (as I have noted before in this forum).  Is there a fix for that? I have set the screen to movie profile, so when I am on the internet, I can see that the profile reverts back to normal, then if the streaming player would play it switches back to the movie profile and the stream plays correctly. I need this to watch online elearning videos.

Also will Apple/Disney+ be available for this model? If not then the streaming issue should be fixed because I would probably use web for viewing the subscription service.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@ditikos wrote:

Hi,

I am having a 49" MU6100 model, and the firmware is 1270.3 (Greece model)

Lately I cannot see streaming websites (as I have noted before in this forum).  Is there a fix for that? I have set the screen to movie profile, so when I am on the internet, I can see that the profile reverts back to normal, then if the streaming player would play it switches back to the movie profile and the stream plays correctly. I need this to watch online elearning videos.

Also will Apple/Disney+ be available for this model? If not then the streaming issue should be fixed because I would probably use web for viewing the subscription service.

Hi @ditikos  Tv Web Browers including Samsung's on the Tizen operating system do not offer the same functionality  as computers.   As a result some audio/video files will not be  playable.   Some further explaination here https://www.lifewire.com/samsung-smart-tv-web-browser      Far better for instance  to use the apps for YouTube/Vimeo  (though realise that may not meet all your needs)   The Apple app is only available for selected 2018 models and on 2019 sets   (the  MU6100 is a 2017 model)   https://www.sammobile.com/2019/05/23/apple-tv-app-for-samsung-smart-tvs/ 

Disney  Life  does seem to be compatible  (available for models from  2015 onwards running the Tizen system)  Disney Life 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

ditikos
Explorer
Options

Hi @JAMES4578 ,

the problem is that the same streaming services worked prior to this update. Usually it's the free/ad-led streaming services that have this issue.

I reexamined the one I was interested today (paid, udemy) and it kind of worked, but I still don't see to have full functionality as before (mentioned the other services which my clients use for testing). Anyways, will a new firmware be up for the specific model? I see that there is 13xx released for other models.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ditikos , oh right- may be firmware related.  Have you tried Smart Hub or Facrory  Reset to see if that makes any difference?    It is likely there will be an update in due course.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes