Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE43NU7400 Dark HDR programmes in onboard Netflix app

(Topic created on: 19-03-2019 09:33 PM)
Emessar
Apprentice
Options

Just got this telly and loving it but really can't seem to be able to sort how dark programmes go (that have the HDR badge) when I play them in the onboard Netflix app. It changes the picture settings that appear for all other Netflix programmes and fiddle as I might in Picture settings the picture remains dark. Stranger things looks dull and in Ozark you can barely see the characters! When I stream the self same scenes via the Chromecast they look like they should again. Any clues anyone as I really didn't want to have to return to the Chromecast - having it all onboard was one of the benefits of getting the set. Cheers! 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Emessar wrote:

Just got this telly and loving it but really can't seem to be able to sort how dark programmes go (that have the HDR badge) when I play them in the onboard Netflix app. It changes the picture settings that appear for all other Netflix programmes and fiddle as I might in Picture settings the picture remains dark. Stranger things looks dull and in Ozark you can barely see the characters! When I stream the self same scenes via the Chromecast they look like they should again. Any clues anyone as I really didn't want to have to return to the Chromecast - having it all onboard was one of the benefits of getting the set. Cheers! 

Could be a faulty panel but I have a Q900r 8k and it is going back with similar issues as well as not being able to record scheduled programs.  

0 Likes
Emessar
Apprentice
Options

Could be a faulty panel but I have a Q900r 8k and it is going back with similar issues as well as not being able to record scheduled programs.  

To be fair everything else looks lovely (including non-HDR stuff on Netflix). There is mention of this on the Netflix Support pages but it puts the blame on Samsung.

Arvid_
Explorer
Options
Did you ever het this resolved? I’m experiencing the dame issue with a Samsung frame TV. Dark dull image with all HDR content on Netflix via built in Netflix app..
0 Likes
Emessar
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I ended up calling the customer support and they said it was a hardware fault so I got a replacement.

The replacement is fab so if you are eligible for a change out then I'd say do it. I know it's frustrating but you get the pleasure of setting up the picture settings all over again 😊 

0 Likes
Emessar
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I ended up calling the customer support and they said it was a hardware fault so I got a replacement. The replacement is fab so if you are eligible for a change out then I'd say do it. I know it's frustrating but you get the pleasure of setting up the picture settings all over again 🙂

0 Likes