Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40KU6400U TV's sound and picture are not in sync.

(Topic created on: 09-10-2018 10:19 AM)
JohnB1
Explorer
Options

I recently bought the TV.  It's great ... but I don't seem to be able to get the picture and sound in sync.

It's a very basic function of a TV to show synchronised picture and sound - so this is frustrating, and it can get annoying to watch (e.g. on close-up's of people talking).

There's a function to DELAY the sound ... which would be great, but the sound is already being delayed by the TV ... so I'd like to know how to delay the PICTURE instead?  (Or to have a negative delay for the sound).

I contacted Samsung via their website 6 weeks ago.  Got an auto-reply email saying "... a member of our helpful support team will be in contact with you shortly...".  Nothing happened.  I replied to Samsung's auto-reply email 2 weeks ago to ask where my support is.  Still nothing from Samsung!

Any ideas, please..?

66 REPLIES 66
Flugel1
Student
Options
Did you ever find a solution?
0 Likes
vulcanben
Apprentice
Options

Originally my problem was with the picture to TV speaker, this was fixed by (I think) unplugging sound bars etc and doing some sort of reset to the TV, sorry don't remember how. But I still had a problem with using bluetooth headphones and the TV speakers at the same time. I need the headphones on one ear, while the wife listens through the TV speakers. If I put both ears on I can't hear her (please don't say what your thinking). Sorry but I never found a fix for that, I don't use bluetooth any more. I bought a digital to audio converter so that I could plug in some wireless headphones.

0 Likes
JohnB1
Explorer
Options

I'm afraid not.

No solution unless / until Samsung fixes their software!

😞

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@JohnB1 wrote:

I'm afraid not.

No solution unless / until Samsung fixes their software!

😞

Bet the retailers never mentioned that when you bought it.  I would suggest the TV is not working as advertised and you can enjoy using it due this issue. As your retailer for a repair or refund. 

Paul

0 Likes
clp1
First Poster
Options

This helps, but not on all platforms.  Different Smart TV apps still have lip sync issues.  Samsung really needs to fix this.

Unplug all power and HDMI/other cables

Hold Power button (on the TV) for 60 seconds

Release power button and plug everything back in

0 Likes
Vilco
Journeyman
Options

Personnally i ended up buying a soundbar and I felt like that problem disappeared for a while but came back a few days later. Maybe not as strongly though. No real solutions.
I also feel that the "less HD" the channel is, the worse the problem is. I don't have much problem on HD channel but all unimportant low quality channels are worse. So maybe the problem is in the upscaling of the image quality?

edit: I tried the solution mentionned by clp1 just above me, it didn't work. Also, every time i switch sound from PCM to BitStream or the other way around, the sound is in sync for a few minutes. Or until I change channel etc etc. But for a very short moment, it is perfectly in sync.

0 Likes
jeffreyb
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. Only thing is I can access the Advanced menu but can't scroll through or choose any options. Was considering getting a Samsung Home Theatre system so everything matches, does anyone think this will help. Thanks

0 Likes
JohnB1
Explorer
Options

Hi JeffreyB

I don't think adding a home theatre system will help the synchronisation problem ... but the sound will be much nicer through it.

The problem is with the picture being processed faster than the sound ... you can delay the sound but not the picture  -  so that's no help  -  and a home theatre system cannot give the sound a negative delay.

0 Likes
jeffreyb
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying John. I should have said, there's no delay when watching tv, just when watching DVD's / Blu-Rays. Strange thing is everything goes through a Sony Home Theatre System which we've had for 10 years, so you'd think the problem would be with everything. That's why I was thinking of upgrading the HTS to Samsung.

Since I posted I'm now wondering if it's just an incompatiblity problem between the Sony Blu Ray player and the Samsung tv. I suppose I'll just have to work out the most cost effective way of finding out.

Thanks again

0 Likes
PrimeView
First Poster
Options

Im sure you have make arrangements since you started that "painfull to read" thread. I'm having the same problem. The toslink outout of the tv had to be converted to composite then into whole audio. We want to use audio out of tv so the internal streaming could have the benefit to the speakers in the room. I have been asking industry experts until I'm crazy.

Samsung just assured me that audio delay on all new tv's has a range from minus 50 to plus 50. Also read to turn off all auto sensing video adjustments on the Tv itself. There is at least 3 or 4 of these setting which will speed up video. I have more but dont know you need it.

Scott in Gainesville, Ga

0 Likes