Support

Open search

UE40ES6300 has really old Netflix version. How do i update?

First Poster

UE40ES6300 has really old netflix app. Last update 2016. It wont allow me to update it as it is a fixed app and not downloaded. What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
Superuser I
Superuser I

@Leighpb wrote:

UE40ES6300 has really old netflix app. Last update 2016. It wont allow me to update it as it is a fixed app and not downloaded. What can I do?

Hi @Leighpb,  Do you have an Auto Update Setting for apps on your TV?  In any case check you have the latest firmware which is 2008.0 for your model (though last update was october 2017)   it may be that you will need to update via USB rather than OTA.  Here is link to that file  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40ES6300UXXU/   If you have this update or it does not resolve issue you should try resetting the Smart Hub.  

First Poster
Thanks. I've now updated to 2008 through USB and reset smart hub and still the same weird version of Netflix 🤔😓😓

Samsung has abandon the netflix app to 3.1 version on our model, so there is no solution for this. The problem is that i m from Greece and this old version of netflix app doesn t support  greek subtitles, so i use a tv box for this purpose. Definitely my next smart tv will not be a Samsung for sure.

I'm definitely sure Samsung won't be my next TV as well, although my current Samsung TV is still working. Their apps support is apparently not good enough. My LG TV which was bought about the same time as this Samsung TV, it still works perfectly fine and also has the Netflix app updated to its latest version as well.

So, there is no other solution? Change the OS? Remove somethin? This is it? No solution?

Top Liked Authors