Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UE40ES6300 has really old Netflix version. How do i update?

(Topic created on: 03-01-2019 01:49 PM)
Leighpb
Apprentice
Options

UE40ES6300 has really old netflix app. Last update 2016. It wont allow me to update it as it is a fixed app and not downloaded. What can I do?

32 REPLIES 32
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Leighpb wrote:

UE40ES6300 has really old netflix app. Last update 2016. It wont allow me to update it as it is a fixed app and not downloaded. What can I do?

Hi @Leighpb,  Do you have an Auto Update Setting for apps on your TV?  In any case check you have the latest firmware which is 2008.0 for your model (though last update was october 2017)   it may be that you will need to update via USB rather than OTA.  Here is link to that file  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40ES6300UXXU/   If you have this update or it does not resolve issue you should try resetting the Smart Hub.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Leighpb
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. I've now updated to 2008 through USB and reset smart hub and still the same weird version of Netflix 🤔😓😓
papavales
Apprentice
Options

Samsung has abandon the netflix app to 3.1 version on our model, so there is no solution for this. The problem is that i m from Greece and this old version of netflix app doesn t support  greek subtitles, so i use a tv box for this purpose. Definitely my next smart tv will not be a Samsung for sure.

tonywong
First Poster
Options

I'm definitely sure Samsung won't be my next TV as well, although my current Samsung TV is still working. Their apps support is apparently not good enough. My LG TV which was bought about the same time as this Samsung TV, it still works perfectly fine and also has the Netflix app updated to its latest version as well.

Crs
Apprentice
Options

So, there is no other solution? Change the OS? Remove somethin? This is it? No solution?

poly23
First Poster
Options

Netflix app:
So i'm with a Samsung UE55H6410 (latest firmware T-MST14DEUC_2890.2) with the Netflix nrdapp 2014.1.5.

Can't play anymore any interactive shows. Before T-MST14DEUC_2890.2 i got the Minecraft and a survival show runing without any Problems except Bandersnatch! I contacted a Netflix chat supporter but he says i must contact Samsung. Arrghh. Why can Amazon or Dazn update there apps on my TV and not Netflix?

0 Likes
Black313
First Poster
Options

I know, I kept trying everything to sort it out but I needed up buying a new lg TV which was much better and so what I did was gave my old Samsung TV to my mum and brought her a Roku box and a chorme cast, pc right now is selling them dirt cheap so I would just go for that option

C-Blaze92
Journeyman
Options

My parents had an older samsung model smart tv. Same issue. Had a very old Netflix version, wouldnt update. Had to go to Samsung's website and download the latest firmware for that model TV and transfer to TV via USB. After that netflix and a few other apps updated and work great now!

Joanna-techno-phobe
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have an old UE55d800 Samsung smart tv. I am having real problems updating anything as theres no link at all to do this anywhere....I have explored every single button and reset EVERYTHING.....arrrgh!

So I am inteested (and scared) about updating via USB. How do I do this (*****s guide please!)

Thank you in anticipation.

0 Likes