Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UA46F6400DKXXT- Ditigal tuner issue

(Topic created on: 15-12-2017 10:55 AM)
Anilwee
First Poster
Options

Dear All

Recently i have repaired my TV (UA46F6400DKXXT), the problem was HDMI input card and the power board, now the TV is repaired but i cannot see ditigal tuning on the MENU...

How can this happened.. the repair technician says the digital tuner might have burnt and that is the reason Digital tuning is not appearing..

I'm not agree with his emarsk.. can anyone confirm..

is this true>

(earlier they had put worng firmware on the TV after the repair.. when i have highlited that then they change the firmware... 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Anilwee
First Poster
Options

Hi can anyone reply to me

i need an answer immediately 

Hope my problem clear to you all

will change in App Store country will help me????

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

If the TV has been repaired then they seem to have broken something and you would need to go back to the people that repaired it.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
Anilwee
First Poster
Options

Hi tks for your reply.. my question.. even if some parts broken (by them) why i cannot see it on the menu?

Usually Digital tuning should be appearing on the Menu and if tuner isn't OK then scanning might not be successful hahhh...

But now digital tuning is not available as an option.. how come that happened?

IF the relavent hardware componets is damaged then MENU is automatically hide it???

pls respond

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

The TV firmware will initialise the digital tuner during start up, if it doesn't see a tuner I suspect it simply removes the entry from the menu and the TV continues to work without it.  The TV is fairly modular to support different markets so it probably just assumes this is a model sold without a digital tuner.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
Anilwee
First Poster
Options

Hi Phil.. tks for the insight...

in my case. the digital tuner was working before repair... now only it doesnt working...

the repair was to replace HDMI board first and then the power supply card....the repair guy said..the tuner might have also damaged..

so what i wanted to know.. is this true?

why i dont see digital tuning.. simple because the tuner is damaged????

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Yes I should think if the tuner isn't working the TV doesn't see it and so doesn't enable any options for it.

You need to go back to the repairer, they have broken it.

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
Anilwee
First Poster
Options

Hi Phi12..

Tks, in fact they had accidently put bios of a different model (analogue version) TV..... can that be reason?

how can i put the original bios settings.. can get a file link?

pls

0 Likes